[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - EVERY GODDAMN TIME!

EVERY GODDAMN TIME!

All things Desktop Dungeons

EVERY GODDAMN TIME!

Postby Hammerfan on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:04 pm

This isnt about balance. This isnt about getting screwed by the RNG.

No. This is about CRASHES.

Everytime I get close to winning the Engine crashes, there is no warning, no apparent fix. There isnt even an error report code.
All that happens is that a window pops up, asking if I want to send a report to the guys who made unity and the game freezes.

So my question is: What can I do to stop this? This is obviously not the game's fault. If it was, there would be inumerous complaints on the forum...

Any help would be appreciated.
Hammerfan

Re: EVERY GODDAMN TIME!

Postby xspeedballx on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Well there ARE complaints on the forums, there is another thread recently about it and some posts in the bug thread. However, the problem isn't effecting everyone, and it doesn't seem to always effect.

Best bet is to a) verify browser is fully updated, b) verify unity is fully updated(it has no autoupdate that I can tell).

Check if there is a pattern in game to causing the crashes beyond just "about to win and it crashes."

Do you often use the same class combo/preps? same strat? Does it happen if you do things differently?

Have you tried a different browser? Turning off memory/resource hogs on your computer/browser?

I am throwing things out there because there is no clear answer yet.. I had repeated crashes following the same steps the other day, went and did something else in game and had smooth sailing and went back and did the exact same thing that crashed before with no problems. So my best guess is there is a large combination of factors that forces unity to crash.
xspeedballx

Postby harfatum on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:26 pm

I also mentioned this in the other thread, but it'd be a non-issue if the dungeon state were saved (remotely, to prevent hax).

My wife has had a ton of crashing issues. I've had a few, but not as many...
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby FDru on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:59 pm

FDru

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:16 pm

Updating to the latest version of Firefox cut my crash rate substantially.
Darvin

Postby xspeedballx on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:16 pm

Yea my crashes vanished after updating unity and chrome, but my unity was WAY out of date(over a year).
xspeedballx

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:15 am

I haven't had any crashes using Chrome and a near current update of unity.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby dislekcia on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:42 pm

I have like 15 different browser versions across three machines here and I still can't get the game to crash... Honestly, I'd love to be able to fix the problem, but in order to do that I have to be able to GET the problem in the first place.

:( I really hate stuff like this. It's so frustrating.
dislekcia

Postby booooooze on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:58 am

Fwiw, dislekcia, my crashes are always unity crashes, and generally only on dungeons that take forever (tower, naga city, halls of steel). I haven't had one in a normal or hard dungeon in a very long time.
booooooze

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:40 am

I've had a few, but not for a very long time. A veeeeeeeeery long time.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons