[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - MY thoughts on stuff!

MY thoughts on stuff!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: MY thoughts on stuff!

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:22 am

Cheap. He wasn't one when I did had to do it. For some reason, the game always spawned SMM for me. He cam with the Indomitable 5 or 6 times in a row.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:21 am

Actually, on further reflection, I think the biggest issue for beginners will be clearing the Ick Swamp, Halls of Steel, Shifting Passages, and Labyrinth to get the trophies that only appear in those dungeons. For veterans like us we already know the weak points in every dungeon and how to exploit them, but to a beginner I'd imagine it'll take quite a while to beat all four (plus all the prerequisite levels needed to reach them!)
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:38 am

Personally I hate Ick. I really do.
I never know what class to bring because I always get walled in by corrosion/Barbing plants as a berserker. And my flame's been there for ages. I prefer any other dungeon
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby xspeedballx on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:16 am

I am going to have comments specifically on that coming soon, I just want to play through them with the new god design to see how it feels. But spoiler: Ick Swamp is the least friendly required hard mode.
xspeedballx

Postby Halion on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:39 am

Halion

Postby Darvin on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:12 am

Hmmm... that's true. Being weak to magic/poison, both Rex and Indomitable make good candidates for the first boss to kill, so grabbing their trophies can be needlessly difficult at times. In the case of Labyrinth, you really don't have the luxury of choosing which boss to fight first since exploration is at such a premium. Itsaama as a weakener and Evolvia as a teleporter, however, will almost always be your second kill, so that's not an issue with them.

That said, I'm loving the gold infusion that the first boss gives you. It really lets you go on a shopping spree for the end-game. Namtar's first two forms also drop gold now, so the difficulty of Namtar's Lair isn't quite as high as it used to be (still screams "play as a Warlord!" though, since CYDSTEPP is the only attack that doesn't get gimped by at least one of his forms)
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:45 am

Yeah, that's about the only strategy. Although a JJ Gnome Assassin could probably do it. Oh wait, his last few forms have counter fireball!

The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons