[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sparkly and Chuggy

Sparkly and Chuggy

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sparkly and Chuggy

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:57 am

Crusader may have earned the "can take advantage of MA" buff this version, but he also lost his super altar information network feature, so I think he's still probably not going to be tearing up Vicious dungeons anytime soon.
TigerKnee

Postby gjaustin on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:26 am

Wow, Complicated Tasks part 6 is a LOT easier now.

Though it also helps that you get Feeling Parched despite using a Strength Potion, a Quicksilver Potion, and 2 Reflex Potions :)

I also nearly lost because I forgot to use my Schadenfreude, but fortunately I had a snake spawn to get my that Dodge prediction I needed to get the last hit in.
gjaustin

Postby q 3 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:37 am

I like the potion shop. You can even use the same interface for the glyph shop idea that I will continue to suggest until glyphs are in perfect balance. ;) Burn Salve and Fortitude Tonic do need to be ~5-8 gold, though, if you want anyone to ever buy them. Now that it's a guaranteed find rather than a lucky treat, Schadenfreude should be at least 20 gold, seeing as it is effectively 2.5 mana potions for most classes. Guaranteed Strength Potion is a nice thing for PISORFers, and will add to my amusement when I next go on a "see how high I can stack my damage at level 1" binge; even though it's usually a novelty item, 15 gold is probably still about right seeing as it is very broken in the wrong hands.

Sparkles are great for purist runs. But they don't make up for Scout Altar. Pactmaker's sparkles are nearly impossible to see in some dungeons. Between the sparkles and the bloodstains I feel like I'm playing Battleship.

More altars with more unlocks is a nice feature, although as long as you're going that route IMO you should allow a player to go all the way and get 4 altars on the map. Otherwise the limited-unlockers will just pick out six (?) deities for optimal play. As things stand, most of the deities are just too unhelpful outside of specific strategies - Mystera in particular is at her most niche right now, being great for Fireball strategies and terrible for everything else, even PISORF (literally the only cost effective boon she has for someone not relying exclusively on BURNDAYRAZ is Refreshment, which just isn't strong enough to be worth the investment in piety and sticking with her over another more helpful deity).
q 3

Postby Aequitas on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:40 am

Hi guys. Could those of you having odd looking text/other visual anomalies please post screenshots. We can't fix thus stuff if we don't know what to look for.

Thanks!
-Aeq
Aequitas
Site Admin

Postby Halion on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:06 am

Complicated Tasks 5 now requires you to use the sorceror instead of the wizard. Definitely a preferable class, since the sorc has a melee friendly power rather than a melee penalising one.
Halion

Postby gjaustin on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:44 am

You know those Berserker Camp setups where over half the map isn't visible? I just beat one of those with Feeling Parched.

I think Bloodmage might be a little bit silly...

Edit: Either that or JJ. Or maybe both.
gjaustin

Postby Halion on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:14 am

Halion

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:17 am

Hahahha you guys brought out the Aequitas. Big things must be happening up above. I'll be sure to post screens of text issues if they arise for me.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby Darvin on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:20 am

Darvin

Postby Fran on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:33 am

The descriptionline "Storeskir berus" is the blurry description when not in fullscreen mode; this is blurry for all items/glyphs. My resolution is 1280x1024.
Fran

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons