[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - EVERY GODDAMN TIME!

EVERY GODDAMN TIME!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: EVERY GODDAMN TIME!

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:59 am

For me, it crashes more this version...

And through pure concidence it seems like it crashes a lot when I'm trying to do a quest. I'm too annoyed to attempt the later complicated task or beat Gauntlet again.
TigerKnee

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:06 am

It's true about the long dungeons, I've only had Gaan'Telet crashes so far, and only unity crashes. And they hapened every time i played that dungeon but once.

Everything else works perfectly fine. Latest chrome, latest unity, tried other browsers - same thing.

And I've sort of played through everything else except the vicious halls of steel (not even going to bother anymore, too difficult / impossble) and the vicious Gaan'Telet (which I'd just love to try to beat with stuff other than Monk lookalikes this time :( )
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby fall_ark on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:47 am

My crashes usually come from action-heavy runs. (e.g. Fireheart wizard, Crystal ball HALPME, Monk, etc. )

Which means they usually happen when I'm about to win.... :(
fall_ark

Postby dislekcia on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:00 am

Which is why I think that it has something to do with memory limitations on the plugin...
dislekcia

Postby FDru on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:25 pm

FDru

Postby Zalminen on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:34 pm

Odd, I only have 1GB of RAM but I've never had Unity crash midgame - it often crashes before the login screen but so far it has never crashed if I get past that point.
Zalminen

Postby MaskedHuzzah on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:58 pm

I've been noticing this more and more as well - I've seen it usually in the end game for the longer dungeons, usually when playing wizardy types (I've been going bloodmage a lot, but also at least one monk run), specifically in the Dragon Isles and the Slime Pit. I'm on a public PC, so I've had to install a new version of unity each time I play, so it's not a unity version issue, and it's been happening on Firefox and Chrome (uncertain of other browsers).

But this has happened four times to me since the last update, so it's vexing.
MaskedHuzzah

Postby fall_ark on Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:06 am

I've wasted too many promising vicious dungeon runs with freezes lately. :( I'm putting the challenges off until it no longer happens. Or if the devs somehow introduce a recovery mechanism -- that would be too much trouble though....
fall_ark

Postby oatmeal2k on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:23 am

So I'm new here. I played the original desktop dungeons a lot, loved it, LOVED IT, unlocked damn near everything, and I really want to participate in the improving of the new version, but I am getting constant, game ending, firefox-shattering crashes every time I play. As if ruining the game wasn't enough, just having the game open while I tried to write this post crashed firefox and made me rewrite THIS.

Is this normal? Is the game just that buggy at this point? I need some reassurance here, because I am sincerely disappointed and regretting bothering with ordering the full version. I've had to beat nearly every dungeon more than once because it exploded near the end and after 3 exploded Western Jungle attempts in a row I'm out of patience with this, it is not my idea of a good time. I miss the old version which was solidly built and infinitely nicer to look at (though maybe that's another thread) :( :( :(
oatmeal2k

Postby fall_ark on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:46 am

fall_ark

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons