[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sparkly and Chuggy

Sparkly and Chuggy

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sparkly and Chuggy

Postby Darvin on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:19 pm

I say remake the symbol. Also, The Avatar got a silent nerf now that berserk is 1.5 damage. He really isn't nearly as hard. He does about as much damage as a normal grimms grotto boss (75+37=112)
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Fact still remains that the six mini-bosses deal about 100 damage and you've gotta start fighting them early. That's gunna encourage CYDSTEPP'ing.

I'm not sure if Avatar's Symbol needs a complete rework, but in its current state it's basically only usable for CYDSTEPP'ers. At very least its activation threshold needs to be raised because anyone below 25% health is going to die if a strong monster so much as sneezes at them...
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:35 am

50% threshold, but 50% berserk bonus. Then it's much more accessible.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:36 pm

Ugh, I just nearly beat Naga City two times in a row with a Gorgon.

First time I prepped Dragon Shield and found Pactmaker, but got shut down when I was forced to melee my new least favorite boss - Mr 100 Resist Down.

Second time I prepped Fire Heart and found a late Pactmaker and a Crystal Ball. Managed to get Kinnisch down to 14 health, but ran out of resources to start on his Death Protections.

I really think that Tomothy shouldn't be any more than 25% resist down.
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Tomithy is still really weak on his own because his stats are so pathetic, but you put him in a lineup with other bosses he starts breaking resist-based approaches. He hasn't really gotten harder on most levels, but on Naga City he's vastly increased its difficulty.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:15 pm

Yeah, I already had 2 wins before that, so I grabbed JJ Gnome Warlord and finished it. But yeah, Tomithy is devastating on Naga City. I assume you had HALPMEH for both runs?

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:19 pm

I actually didn't have HALPMEH. Body Pact + Fireball was enough for almost everything.

I think I actually would have beaten the first run if I'd used my three potion shops to buy Schadenfreude potions instead of Health Potions. I was only 1 or 2 Fireballs short of killing him.
gjaustin

Postby gjaustin on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:33 pm

On a related point, I think the Gorgon's damage penalty is a little too severe. I'd rather see it either be 30% or be combined with bonus base damage so that Death Gaze is more effective
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:59 pm

I agree with that.

Also, how'd you manage to rack up the piety to get the extra resists?

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons