Thoughts on Strategic Alter Unlocks

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Thoughts on Strategic Alter Unlocks

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:35 pm

In a more general sense, there's no way to ensure you get the right deity for your class/race/item/dungeon/boss combination. Yes, there are a handful of levels that really scream for Binlor and one that benefits enormously from a little Earthmother Gardening, but this is only part of a more general issue that you often don't have the right deity for the job.
Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:18 am

I'm hoping that there will be new temple preparations that either let us limit the pool of gods for a specific adventure or guarantee the presence of one particular deity.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:51 pm

Yeah... that would seriously reduce scumming.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:21 am

Is the Crusader still getting his +1 altar no matter how many you've unlocked? He could be a part of a fairly powerful limited unlock profile - two deities gets him two altars, with the two deity combo guaranteed. Four deities gets him three (?) altars, with a 67% chance of any specific three deity combo. I'd test it myself but I haven't ever found the Crusader except on my long-abandoned main profile.
q 3

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:43 am

Unfortunately I think the Crusader needs a certain amount of deities unlocked before he'll appear. Potentially all the deities.

I can't prove it, but my limited unlock profile never had him show up for a long time. When they finally implemented the altar number change, I decided to just unlock all the deities and the Crusader finally showed up.
TigerKnee

Postby Darvin on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:16 am

I'm sitting at 4 altars (JJ and GG all the way!), and I have not been able to find Crusader. He definitely has minimum god unlock to get him. I don't know how many are required.
Darvin

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons