[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Vicious Unlock Help

Vicious Unlock Help

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Vicious Unlock Help

Postby Fran on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:01 am

Fran

Postby gjaustin on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:31 am

Congrats!

If you manage to unlock Vampire, he's SERIOUSLY over-tuned at the moment. You should be able to beat Dragon Isles with him without any difficulty.

I wouldn't recommend using him for Naga City though. Not to say you can't beat it with him, but rather that doing so will prevent you from learning the dungeon. I've beaten Naga City with 7 classes, and 6 of them were using the same base strategy. Vampire was the 7th and played completely differently.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:19 am

Yeah, the Vamp is completely unique. It plays like no other. So that officially means the Bamp can beat every vicious dungeon. Use our starts to unlock him, and then crush everything.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:13 pm

I can't think of any puns that involve sucking in a positive manner.
TigerKnee

Postby Lujo on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:04 pm

As for Dragon Isles:

Endiswall allows you to bypass 2 lvl 9 mana burning dragons. So does transmutation scroll, although I'm not sur prepping it would be viable. Both are usable on practicaly any run (if the seal is usefull at all).

You can also use WHEYTWUT to teleport 2 more guards out of the way (either anyway or if you killed the first two guys (i'm not sure if there's room anyway).

I'm saying all this because a couple of those lvl 9 guys are possibly vital xp fodder and if you have lemisi you might need all the black squares in the lower level, so you might not be able to spam it.

Those are just general tips, they helped me back when I beat it 3 times (but back then GG poison abuse was possible so yeah, but keep in mind I didn't have any potion unlocked which does count for something).
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Gorgon on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:40 pm

If you unlock the Half-Dragon before the Gorgon, use him to beat Naga City. It's possible to deal a lot of damage to Bleaty if you knock SMM or other low-damage bosses into him.
Gorgon

Postby Abraxas on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:56 am

Turns out the dragon isles aren't really hard with a wizard, as long as you're willing to scum for MA. I'm pretty sure it would have worked without the lemissi/weytwut combo, too, and the whole thing was very straightforward.

And thanks to that and the new vampire, I finally unlocked the three monster races.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby The Avatar on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:39 am

Congratulations! That Mage plate is a clutch find for MA crystal ball wizards! Yeah, if you can beat the firstborn without wasting too many resources, you're easily set.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Abraxas on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:49 pm

Well, the mage plate didn't really help, since I think I was already at level 8 when I finally found it.
I think this just adds to the evidence of how powerful the crystal ball is for pure fireball strategies.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby Fran on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:49 pm

I've unlocked the vampire today by using the three mage classes!
Makes a lot of fun to play him, although I'm only starting to comprehend how to use him effectively. Without the bad luck on the shops and some errors on my side, I would've been able to win dragon isle with him (I had to spend most of my ressources on the firstborn, as always).
I'll take a break from the game for now, but I'll look into beating dragon isles afterwards before finally tackeling naga city.

I'm really grateful for all the help I got here!

EDIT:
Now I've unlocked the Half-Dragon as well =)
How luck dependent is naga city?
Fran

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons