Simple "gold farming" tip

All things Desktop Dungeons

Simple "gold farming" tip

Postby Lagmalix on Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:55 pm

After playing this game for a while I feel like we've all experienced the moment when our bankroll reaches 0 after scuming for specific glyphs+altars combo or trying to do the infamous, now obsolate, Troubling Times part 6.

At the moment each trophy yields 150g (assuming you did the Horiatio quest) and, at least for me, the numbers haven't changed at all no matter how many repeated runs I do. Hopefully I'm not the only one, so to exploit this fact I recommend doing Hobbler's Hold runs with Bet on Boss as preparation. The dungeon is brainless and easily doable within ~2 min, pick whichever class you prefer. Each run gives 300+ gold and I really doubt you can farm the gold at a faster rate. The new 5x mod for a trophy sure is nice but it doesn't necessarily pick the easiest dungeon. So yeah, if you are in a need of some quick cash try it!

Hopefuly this will help someone.
Lagmalix

Re: Simple "gold farming" tip

Postby Darvin on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Bet on the boss is practically worthless. The prep costs 50 gold and increases the value of the boss trophy by 75. That's 25 gold net profit, which is inconsequential. That said, a goblin assassin can speed-run hobblers hold in a heartbeat, so it definitely is your best gold-farming location.

I find so long as you play the "fiery" levels every once and a while, you'll earn more than enough to cover your expenses.
Darvin

Postby Lagmalix on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:29 pm

A profit is a profit and it's not like you can die during any of those runs so it's totally still worth it.
Lagmalix

Postby valcamo on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:25 pm

The best strategy is to use the Human Tinker on Hobbler's Hold.
After beating the boss, DO NOT USE THE LADDER, instead use the Transmutation Seal on the Goblin Bone to gain 350 gold.
Use the remaining seals to gain additional gold (Translocation Seal on the priciest item in shop, then use the last Transmutation Seal on that item).
valcamo

Postby Killdozer on Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:15 pm

Sorry, repost... deleted!
Last edited by Killdozer on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Killdozer

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:04 pm

Hilarious! The trophy gold values are still 350 even though they should be 150...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Killdozer on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:22 pm

"Bet on the Boss" increases the value of the Goblin Bone in your inventory; I'm still not sure where that 350 is coming from, but I'm not complaining!

I also recommend going Halfling or Gnome Tinker, rather than Human - if there's a Deity who gives you a free glyph, you end up with about 70 gold in unused potions. Every little bit helps!
Killdozer

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:09 pm

After losing all my money due to a glitch, I'm glad theres still a way to get it back. Gnome Tinker here we goooooo.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:01 am

If you have a Vamp, every dungeon is easy. Just bet on boss with him in flaming dungeons. It's so easy it takes a tiny amount of time, and you get about 1000 a run.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:51 pm

If my game didnt freeze/crash 100% of the time?
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons