[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Vamps and Blood Tithe

Vamps and Blood Tithe

All things Desktop Dungeons

Vamps and Blood Tithe

Postby The Avatar on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:46 am

As we all know, Vamps are the most horribly broken class in tge world. The real problem's their conversion rate. 40 for a health booster?! It needs to be 50 if not 60. Even so the only reason the extra help is so cheap is the sanguine % combos with the life steal to break the game. Now if you couldn't raise sanguine it would be a much more fair class. The best tier maybe, but storage it will stop getting 180 hp per bloodpool.

So that raises the question: What do you change? The Vamp or Blood Tithe?

If the Vamp is the one to change then what do you do? Remove all Sanguine and raise the rate to 45-50? Just remove Sanguine? Just nerf the conversion rate?

If Blood Tithe is the problem, then how do you change it? What is the benefit? Mp, Attack, EXP? Or perhaps you make it do something like give him 5 hp to lower enemy resists or something. Perhaps enemy hp? You lower your hp by 10 and they do the same with 10 or so percent? With a piety cost similar to Blood Hunger it would be like Whupaz. And if you removed Whupaz, as it is such a HUGE no brainer it has to go, then this would be a more ample replacement. You might want to make the piety cost less, but only make it repeatable 4 times or so.

I'm really not sure. It obviously has to change, but the question is how.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Vamps and Blood Tithe

Postby gjaustin on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:48 am

In my opinion, the core of the problem is definitely the Vampire. He just gets way too much health. Even just finding a Keg of Health and buying 3 Health Potions would end up very crazy. His conversion rate should probably be 60, if not 70.

Blood Tithe might be a little too strong too, but I think it's within the bounds of reasonable abilities. Personally, I'd make it 10% per level just to make it cleaner. Maybe decrease the piety Dracul awards for drinking blood if that isn't enough.
gjaustin

Postby fall_ark on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:46 am

If it's fun then screw balance.
(I haven't unlocked him due to constant crashes so obviously I can't comment on that)

Just make Vampire not count towards most unlock missions / high scores and it'll be perfectly fine. It's a reward race/class with vastly different playing style after all.
fall_ark

Postby Halion on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:23 am

Halion

Postby The Avatar on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Well then you might as well make all monster classes like that. (And I doubt that's what the devs want). Hmm... Maybe 60 could work. You just don't want to overnerf them.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Ara on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:33 am

Ara

Postby The Avatar on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:56 am

So true...

But yes, Blood Hunger is kinda weak. I think the 10% reduction is fine. I mean Bandits already wreck your resists enough.

Speaking of Bandits, I think they're overkill. I mean Slime Blobs and Steel Golems are advanced monsters that only reduce by three. I mean 15? Really? I think 5% on top of their original poison and mana burn is better. And 100% on the boss! That's stronger than Eeblis was. Of course that's only cheap when he is in Naga City. You need to replace him with Medusa, Jörmungadnr, or the firstborn.

The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons