[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The One True Path

The One True Path

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The One True Path

Postby Summerwine on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:37 pm

Summerwine

Postby The Avatar on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Definitely. With an Agnostics Collar and good resists your fine.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:19 pm

Sort of a cross post from the bug reports, but Vampire really is silly.

I nearly beat Namtar despite my desecrating TT and giving all his forms Weakening! When I didn't desecrate the altar, I just walked right over him.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:30 pm

It takes 1-3 tries to beat Vicious. Now there's no way that's broken...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Leeshy on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:46 am

Does anybody actually still use the Church preparations?
I mean if you think u need a special god to beat a level, it's probably because you think it's quite hard.
Why would u want to make it even harder by giving the monsters buffs...?
I actually liked the previous preparations much better. Haven't used any since the update...
Leeshy

Postby gjaustin on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:07 am

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:14 am

Not using them here, either. The only deities worth ensuring have penalties that are so ridiculously steep as to be unusable.

I have one account with all deities unlocked that uses +1 alter, and one account with a 4-deity strategic unlock that just doesn't prep anything from the church.
Darvin

Postby TigerKnee on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:35 am

Should either spawn Altars next to stairs + give indulgence or something

OR

Make it Guranteed spawn altar (Location still random) + minor bonus e.g Earthmother = all enemies start slowed and +1 point of corrosion. (I just made this up off the top of my head so probably not balanced)

As it is, you're going to have to scum for your altar anyway.
TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:15 am

Actually, now they spawn very near the stairs. I think it should spawn the altar as a fourth, still giving the penalty.

The Avatar

Postby Ara on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:08 am

I always use the +1 altar for vicious runs. But for normal/hard dungeons I already used church prep for: JJ, Binlor, Mystera and Dracul (I think I just don't like other gods). And sometimes I really want Pactmaker ._. so when I'm patient I take JJ (always useful, formidable piety farm) and scum for Pactmaker ._.

There's lots of room for other options in the church department: so please move the extra altar option in its own spot, and put Pactmaker in da house!

Remove penalties, period.

/rants about crappy gods:

Seriously, what to think of the Earthmother case ? One of the worst penalty for one of the worst deity... Kill her already!

And I find Taurog so crappy... Give him a Main Gauche for +5 damage AND 5 DR, and an Armor for +15 to both resists, then add 2 boons. One of them beeing a repeatable buff that pierce resistances for one round (both please, half dragons hate beeing discriminated).
Ara

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons