[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - New Dwarves v. Old Dwarves, Paladins, and Magic Monsters.

New Dwarves v. Old Dwarves, Paladins, and Magic Monsters.

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: New Dwarves v. Old Dwarves, Paladins, and Magic Monsters

Postby The Avatar on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:16 am

Although no Lifesteal from bloodless guys... Stupid Plants.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:25 am

gjaustin

Postby Ara on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:03 am

A bit off topic but Earthmother boons could be improved with a simple cost rebalance:
- Green Blood (corrosion): instead of 5(+5) make it 10(+2). The first 4 points cost more (cumulatively), then it's cheaper. (10 corrosion would cost a total of 180 piety instead of the current 275).
- Vine Form (DR/hp): instead of 5(+3) make it 8(+1). The first 4 cost the same (cumulatively), then it's cheaper. (13 DR / 26 HP would cost 182 piety instead of 299 which is still too pricey in my opinion).

Making Vine Form scale like Blood Hunger would be much better anyway: a one time 1 DR / 2 HP per level (the DR taking place after resists) for 40 piety ? And if DR will never be applied after resists, make it repeatable like 40(+40).
Last edited by Ara on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ara

Postby Darvin on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:11 am

The problem with both Vine Form and Green Blood is that their usefulness drops off dramatically as you level up. Unless you find the Earthmother very early you just don't have enough time to leverage them, and if you want to really push them up to high levels you won't have enough piety for anything else.

I'd say Green Blood and Entanglement should be consolidated into a single boon, and Vine Form should also gain the effect of her old boon that provided you with conversion points. This would free up space for a new boon, which I feel Earthmother desperately needs to become competitive. Her current offerings just aren't worthwhile enough to make a stand-alone deity.
Darvin

Postby fall_ark on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:50 am

fall_ark

Postby Darvin on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:07 am

The Earthmother is littered with boons of limited usefulness. If she had at least one stellar boon this woudl be another matter, but as it stands at least one of them must be replaced or reworked to expand on her usefulness. I don't think her current offering is remotely sufficient.

That's why I say combine greenblood and entanglement. You won't be able to leverage both effects easily, but I think that's fine if EM gets another high-utility boon out of the change.
Darvin

Postby Gorgon on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:37 pm

Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:55 pm

That's why she kept getting peeved at my gnommish assassin...

Are we all agreed that we want new dwarves back?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:06 pm

gjaustin

Postby Fran on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:50 am

Apart from who should gain the ability, i think we all agree that it would make it alot more useful if damage reduction was applied after resists.

Would it be possible to change this?
Fran

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons