[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The One True Path

The One True Path

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The One True Path

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:26 am

Deities have always been the hardest part of the game to balance, and adding another layer of complexity to them just aggravates the problem. Personally, I'd rather have the prep just plant the requested altar near the entrance, forgo the penalties altogether. After all, it's a preparation.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:49 pm

And it takes up one of your altars. Now THAT is how you reduce scumming.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Ara on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Off topic as always: I don't know what was your favorite god in alpha. Mine was the Earthmother: the Stone Form was hard to get at level 1, and some runs failed miserably in that attempt, but the reward was more than worth it (overpowered). It made hardcore runs like Rogue in Factory feel like a ride in the park.

My anger towards the current earthmother state is probably driven by the nostalgia of her glorious past. :roll:
Ara

Postby gjaustin on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:10 pm

So with all the recent changes, Berserkers are pretty uber. They were always good, but were very situational. Now they just murder things.

I've suggested this before, but I'd love to see their magic resist go down to 25% and their spell casting penalty drop to +1.

@Ara - My hatred for Earthmother in the alpha was only surpassed by my hatred for Mystera.

I actually really like beta Earthmother. Everyone always forgets the free IMAWAL boon she spawns which can get you 30+ bonus experience. They only reason she's weak is that her good boon gives damage reduction, the least useful boost in the game. Making her spawn a few less plants would be nice too, but not critical.
Last edited by gjaustin on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gjaustin

Postby Ara on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:20 pm

Oh yeah, alpha Mystera... Feeling good in a run, seeing Mystera altar, thinking: "hey, I could rock harder!", just to get heartlessly crushed in pieces by her. The same still happens with GG: I go for Enlightenment, but after I get it I can't maintain piety above 0 and get stomped.
Ara

Postby Darvin on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:04 pm

gjaustin

Postby gjaustin on Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:02 am

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:01 am