New Dwarves v. Old Dwarves, Paladins, and Magic Monsters.

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: New Dwarves v. Old Dwarves, Paladins, and Magic Monsters

Postby The Avatar on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:22 am

If they did, EM monks would be cheap, and Dwarves would have to be changed back.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Sythion on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:44 am

I'm finding the new dwarves incredibly useful w/ defensive classes. The DR makes it easier to out-regen opponents, and improves the levelling phase pretty dramatically. They struggle more versus bosses than old dwarves, but I'm getting to them with more resources. They're making great warlords and monks (depending on level)! No longer super priests, but halflings were better at that anyway.
Sythion

Postby xspeedballx on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:05 am

Just a quick post about my testing with dwarves, echoing sythion they have help leveling quite a bit when conversion points come along early which gets me to bosses in non-vicious dungeons with extra resources. Only orcs tend to allow as much catapulting. However unlike orcs they don't have as much late game value which seems to be the bulk of the complaints. Also like I said they are good only after a few conversions usually and that is not always feasible. Either stacking bonus like orcs, or reduced cost would improve.

As a side note to make straight DR more interesting for vicious dungeons, maybe it can come with the added bonus of percent chance of ignoring a status effect. 3% per point or something.
xspeedballx

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons