Menus are fun again

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Menus are fun again

Postby 8-Bit D-lite on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Same problem with Compression Scrolls. If I select it, I get the "sparklies" around my cursor, but can't select anything to shrink down.

Also, as this is my first post I just wanted to say how much I enjoy this game, and have loved watching the adjustments you guys have made during the beta. Thank you for all the work you've been putting in!
8-Bit D-lite

Postby dislekcia on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:35 pm

It would be pretty funny if Compression and Transmutation scrolls randomly worked for one person ;)
dislekcia

Postby xspeedballx on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:04 pm

I fully and totally disagree. Whenever I run into such things in programs I write it is downright maddening :P
xspeedballx

Postby moosa17 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi, I came here from v 0.15.
New art style is nice enough. Needs more readability. Much more.
moosa17

Postby khamul on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:02 am

The thing that you've done with shops: [current gold] - [cost] = [remaining gold]
Please can you do that with monster health on attack? And hero health? And XP too, ideally.

When the monster has 80 health, and I do 20 damage, I can pretty much figure out what the result will be. When the monster has 137 health, I do 23 damage, it has 35% phys resistance, but also has 2 layers of corrosion, and I'm using the flaming sword and it has 5 points of burning... it gets a little harder to work out what the actual final health will be.

The predictor thing works (but is hard to see in the new UI). But let's be honest - DD is not a game where you can ignore the numbers. DD is a game where to get beyond even a fairly basic level, you need to get a calculator out. That is not not a thing to be ashamed of. That is a thing to rejoice in. There are very few games like that. So please make it easy for us to do that.
khamul

Postby Gorgon on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:43 pm

I was using the Earthmother when I noticed Vine Form was giving +4 HP instead of +2 (as stated in her description). Has it always been this way?
Gorgon

Postby CznRhubarb on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:04 pm

I think that is a recent change. If you look at the summary of the boon at the top it still says +2 HP, but down in the bigger description it now says +4 HP. The cost of that boon has also been changed, by the by.
CznRhubarb

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons