[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Unlocking Stuff 2

Unlocking Stuff 2

All things Desktop Dungeons

Unlocking Stuff 2

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:44 pm

As much as I've played this game, there's still one thing I haven't completed. Ever.
Naga City. It could be because of how much I hate scumming...

In any case, with the ever changing meta-game, I thought a page for posting Vicious Dungeon strategies would be good.
As most dungeons have many solutions, these often require an enourmous amount of scumming, or abusing the latest gimmicks.

I'll start:
Dragon Isles
- Berserker equipping more resistance items, and taking out high level magic monsters to level catapult and demolish dragons.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Re: Unlocking Stuff 2

Postby Darvin on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:01 am

Dragon Isles:
Use LEMMISI to reveal the Matron's Guardians, then use WEYTWUT to teleport directly towards her.

Gnomish Warlord works like a charm if you can raise his max MP to 25; otherwise an Elf Warlord with as many Schadenfreude potions as possible and a Soul Orb is your best bet. Jehora Jeheyu all the way!

Elf Wizard, piercing wand, lots of Schadenfreude... need I say more?

Orc Rogue; use absolution and/or boost health to gain massive hit points. Stack up as much damage as possible. Trash those dragons.
Darvin

Postby Gorgon on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:06 am

Naga City:
-Half-Dragon, Dragon Shield, Quicksilver potion. That's my favorite strategy.

You don't need Pactmaker to beat Bleaty anymore, just knock SMM or low-damage bosses into him and finish him off with Quicksilver potion.

Try to maximize your defenses and pray you don't find Tomithy early. My favorite deity in this situation is Earthmother, specially after the last update (Vine form now adds +4 HP and 1 DR).
Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:07 am

Orc Rogues work extremely well for all Vicious dungeons. I have a Namtar win just like that.

One improvement to the strategy. Prep Yendor and get GG. Then use Absolution at level 5 without killing any enemies. Smash an altar giving you the thirty piety you need to convert to JJ. This is not necessary, but it's super helpful if you can pull it off.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Gorgon on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:18 am

Halfling priest of Earthmother is my favorite strategy for Namtar. just build up your HP with Vine Form (or Boost Health, if you don't like EM) and use all your potions on his first and second forms. I beat it twice with this strategy, and it should be even easier now that Vine Form is better...

EM Orc Rogues are possible, too.
Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:20 am

Really?

Also, I have a great Half-dragon Namtar strat. Get Binlor to weaken his physical resist to 0, and give you 30 magic res. (48 with a dragon shield). His first form you should CRUSH, and his second form should be whupazed. Whupaz+Knockback = 2 shot kill :)
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Sythion on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:41 am

Dragon Isles

Goblin Assassin

Get physical damage and hp for boss.
Fireball/Poison to level catapult.
Try not to convert any glyphs
Take Wehtwut to avoid killing dragons to use them for a free level.
Assassinate all dragons then take out boss. Convert runes to level up. With Amulet of Yondar I leveled up 4 times beating him :)
Sythion

Postby The Avatar on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:12 am

My Binlor Half-Dragon start works for priests too. I converted into GG, and killed Glenrick with an EXP boost to get to level 4. Took enlightenment, converted back to Binlor. In retrospect this was a bad move, as he almost wiped all of my resistances before form 2. I should have used stone soup before my second level up with him.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:09 am

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:48 am

My Naga City Dragon win had my dragon with 219 or so hp, so I tanked a shot from bleaty!

The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons