Glyphs and Spells
- In order to use a glyph you've found, you must click "pick up" in the "on ground" slot, and it will appear in your spell slots.
- Casting a spell on a monster does NOT trigger a melee combat exchange.
- Glyphs that aren't very useful to you should be converted by dragging them into the conversion icon. This will give you a benefit depending upon your race. Humans get more attack power, for example.
Mana is typically regenerated as you explore the dungeon at a rate of 1 MP / 1 tile revealed. This can be affected by several means:
- Monks regenerate 2 MP / tile.
- The BLUDTUPOWA glyph increases mana gain to 2 MP / 1 tile while active.
- Some Monsters (Vampire, Bandit) and even gods (Taurog) can inflict Mana Burn. Mana Burn prevents you from regenerating your mana whilst uncovering unexplored areas but can be cured by using a mana potion, the "Sign of the spirits" item, or by leveling (Research info required: will buying a mana burn immunity charm (Soul Orb) cure it?
Most classes start with a 10 mana point pool, this can be increased or decreased by several factors:
- Gods can increase or decrease your mana capacity.
- Picking up Mana Powerups will increase the explorer's capacity by one, there exists 3 of these in each dungeon (4 for the Thief)
- Converting Glyphs as the Elf race will increase MP capacity by 2.
- Items can play a large role in increasing or decreasing the explorer's capacity as well. The high level "Magician's moonstrike" will increase it by 15 but renders melee combat useless.
It is possible to have negative mana, but be careful! Having exactly 0 mana will cause an error that crashes the game (alpha).
|This article is missing some information that requires research to explain, please consider adding to it|
|Desktop Dungeons Alpha|
|General Concepts:||New Players Guide · Strategy · Advanced Strategy · Races · Glyphs · Mana · Leveling · Items · Scoring|
|Classes:||Tier 1: Fighter · Thief · Priest · Wizard||Tier 2: Berserker · Rogue · Monk · Sorcerer||Tier 3: Warlord · Assassin · Paladin · Bloodmage||Special: Transmuter · Crusader · Tinker · Gorgon · Half-dragon · Vampire · Changeling|
|Gods:||Binlor Ironshield · Dracul · The Earthmother · Glowing Guardian · Jehora Jeheyu · Mystera Annur · The Pactmaker · Taurog · Tikki Tooki|
|Monsters:||Animated Armour · Bandit · Dragonspawn · Goat · Goblin · Golem · Goo blob · Gorgon · Imp · Meat man · Naga · Serpent · Vampire · Warlock · Wraith · Zombie|
|Dungeons:||Normal · Snake Pit · Library · Crypt · Factory · Ranked · Gauntlet · Lothlorien (Campaign) · The Boss Hive|
|Glyphs:||APHEELSIK · BLUDTUPOWA · BURNDAYRAZ · BYSSEPS · CYDSTEPP · ENDISWAL · GETINDARE · HALPMEH · IMAWAL · LEMMISI · PISORF · WEYTWUT · WONAFYT|