Revision as of 21:55, 31 December 2010 by Theflyingmouth
|This article has one or more archives. Please visit the links below to access them:|
- Bug - Playing as a Half-Dragon worshiping Binlor, knocking an enemy into the wall gives the message "Binlor thinks your demolition efforts are very clever. (+1 piety)", but 2 piety is awarded.
- Bug - Repeatedly activating and deactivating BLUDTUPOWA when worshipping Taurog will eventually cause a Division by 0 error.
Other Game Issues (Balance, Interface, etc.)
- I've played the new version extensively. I've unlocked everything and I have to say it's considerably worse than the last version. This version is all about luck and that doesn't make it much fun. There are far too many games that are unwinnable, and I'm not talking about the start (although that's a huge problem also). Too many classes depend on the right deity appearing. On that subject way too many of the deities are gimmicky and useless 90% of the time. Earthmother (can't kill natural creatures, who cares she's rubbish anyway), Tiki (must kill in one shot), tarog and bindor (no magic), etc. They all have something. This would be fine, if there were viable options for classes. A wizard with tarog or bindor is screwed--this is just one example. Retiring ad nauseum isn't much fun. Shops are useless--it's always the same crap, the good stuff never comes up--and because of the above deity problems, this can make or break a run.
- I've got to concur with this assessment. Basically too many gods are useless, Dracul, Tiki etc. because they can't be used as part of a strategy, where you'll plan to get this glyph and do that and then boom you have some advantage, and the penalties they give are far greater than the benefits. I've successfully used the plantation boon at level 2, being sure not to lock myself in, but still not gotten enough of an advantage out of it to win the game. The new Pactmaker, on the other hand, is my bread and butter. Yidda 18:55, 20 August 2010 (UTC) -yidda
- It used to be that I'd use Jehora, Taurog, Misteria, or Binlor etc. all the time. Now I only use the Pactmaker. -yidda Yidda 18:55, 20 August 2010 (UTC)
- OK, after a little more play on the new version, I have successfully used Jehora, the Pactmaker, Taurog once or twice, and Dracul twice, once with the Vampire, and once without. I've also beaten the game as an atheist, but I think the other 5 Gods could use some spicing up. Yidda 03:06, 9 September 2010 (UTC)
- DD runs awesome under wine with one exception - the mouse. The cursor is laggy and makes the game frustrating to play. Can you provide an option to turn of the software mouse cursor? Having the OS cursor/hw cursor woul make the game work flawlessly under wine. I can test this if you'd like --Lajcik 22:11, 24 November 2010 (UTC)
- I don't know about linux, but there's an app for OSX called Wineskin (http://wineskin.doh123.com/) that can be used to make self-contained Mac application bundle that runs a windows app, I use it to run DD. It would be a nice touch to provide a 'osx version' based on that for folks not in the know :) --Lajcik 22:11, 24 November 2010 (UTC)