Revision as of 07:58, 10 January 2011 by ThrustVectoring
|This article has one or more archives. Please visit the links below to access them:|
- Bug - While worshiping Binlor, destroying a wall gives the message "Binlor thinks your demolition efforts are very clever. (+1 piety)", but 2 piety is awarded.
- Bug - Repeatedly activating and deactivating BLUDTUPOWA when worshipping Taurog will eventually cause a Division by 0 error.
- Bug - Fire damage estimations don't calculate resistance (the actual damage is correct, though).
- Bug - Beserker with the +20% physical resistance boon from Dracul gets 20% instead of 70% physical resistance (magical resistance works properly)
Other Game Issues (Balance, Interface, etc.)
- I have found a massive game imbalance involving Transmuters. What you do is run around untill you find Binlor Ironshield, if he isnt in that dungeon restart and try again. Since you gain gain 2 piety (pieties?) every time you use Endiswal, you can get to 100 very quickly. Get Hardiness, and Heroics, This will automatically boost you to level 10 and it only costs a total of 110 piety (80 for heroics, 30 for hardiness) which = 55 walls, get maybe 10 more if you are planning on using magic (-1 piety per use). make sure you have at least 3 mana potions per boss, gnomes are recomended. Keep going back and forth between the boss and walls to recover health, since you aren't discovering anything new the boss won't heal himself. Congrats, you just beat a dungeon with out killing anything.
- It's not the Transmuter, it's Binlor Ironshield. A few dieties (such as Binlor) have overpowered boons, but are almost impossible to raise piety for. The Transmuter and Half-Dragon are the only 2 classes in the game who can realistically get 100 piety with Binlor Ironshield. Mystera Annur is the same way. The base damage penalty forces you to take Boon: Magic before anything else, so if you wanted to take Boon: Weakening, it requires a minimum of around 70-90 casts, or 420-540 mana points if only BURNDAYRAZ is used (which is likely).
- I've played the new version extensively. I've unlocked everything and I have to say it's considerably worse than the last version. This version is all about luck and that doesn't make it much fun. There are far too many games that are unwinnable, and I'm not talking about the start (although that's a huge problem also). Too many classes depend on the right deity appearing. On that subject way too many of the deities are gimmicky and useless 90% of the time. Earthmother (can't kill natural creatures, who cares she's rubbish anyway), Tiki (must kill in one shot), tarog and bindor (no magic), etc. They all have something. This would be fine, if there were viable options for classes. A wizard with tarog or bindor is screwed--this is just one example. Retiring ad nauseum isn't much fun. Shops are useless--it's always the same crap, the good stuff never comes up--and because of the above deity problems, this can make or break a run.
- I've got to concur with this assessment. Basically too many gods are useless, Dracul, Tiki etc. because they can't be used as part of a strategy, where you'll plan to get this glyph and do that and then boom you have some advantage, and the penalties they give are far greater than the benefits. I've successfully used the plantation boon at level 2, being sure not to lock myself in, but still not gotten enough of an advantage out of it to win the game. The new Pactmaker, on the other hand, is my bread and butter. Yidda 18:55, 20 August 2010 (UTC) -yidda
- It used to be that I'd use Jehora, Taurog, Misteria, or Binlor etc. all the time. Now I only use the Pactmaker. -yidda Yidda 18:55, 20 August 2010 (UTC)
- OK, after a little more play on the new version, I have successfully used Jehora, the Pactmaker, Taurog once or twice, and Dracul twice, once with the Vampire, and once without. I've also beaten the game as an atheist, but I think the other 5 Gods could use some spicing up. Yidda 03:06, 9 September 2010 (UTC)
- Earthmother's interesting...but I have yet to find a viable use for her. The other deities definitely have their uses, though I'm still quite hesitant to pray to Jehora. Raynes 20:54, 2 January 2011 (UTC)
- DD runs awesome under wine with one exception - the mouse. The cursor is laggy and makes the game frustrating to play. Can you provide an option to turn of the software mouse cursor? Having the OS cursor/hw cursor woul make the game work flawlessly under wine. I can test this if you'd like --Lajcik 22:11, 24 November 2010 (UTC)
- I don't know about linux, but there's an app for OSX called Wineskin (http://wineskin.doh123.com/) that can be used to make self-contained Mac application bundle that runs a windows app, I use it to run DD. It would be a nice touch to provide a 'osx version' based on that for folks not in the know :) --Lajcik 22:11, 24 November 2010 (UTC)