Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby dislekcia on Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:06 pm

tchernobog wrote:Hello! I have a strange bug in my recently started game.

I am attempting to complete Deep Freeze in Eastern Tundra as a monk, and I chose a Halfling monk.

For preparation, I've used a shield as a default item, and a fine sword as a locker item (though I think this also happened with a spoon).

Then I went around trying to kill level 2 creatures with the character. The game showed it would take 2-3 or more hits to kill it. Which is all fine. My damage values were lower than their total hp, so it makes sense.

However, my character was not only one shotting these creatures, they also gave 0 XP. Mobs that would one shot me would continue to do so, but I was able to kill level 2 and I think even level 3 creatures while my character was level 1, and he would remain level 1 due to not getting xp.

Did I do something wrong or is this a big ol' bug? :o

Could you please provide a video of this happening? I have no idea how that might have been possible in the game... Are you running the mod or otherwise editing the game itself?
dislekcia

Postby tchernobog on Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:32 pm

dislekcia wrote:
tchernobog wrote:Hello! I have a strange bug in my recently started game.

I am attempting to complete Deep Freeze in Eastern Tundra as a monk, and I chose a Halfling monk.

For preparation, I've used a shield as a default item, and a fine sword as a locker item (though I think this also happened with a spoon).

Then I went around trying to kill level 2 creatures with the character. The game showed it would take 2-3 or more hits to kill it. Which is all fine. My damage values were lower than their total hp, so it makes sense.

However, my character was not only one shotting these creatures, they also gave 0 XP. Mobs that would one shot me would continue to do so, but I was able to kill level 2 and I think even level 3 creatures while my character was level 1, and he would remain level 1 due to not getting xp.

Did I do something wrong or is this a big ol' bug? :o

Could you please provide a video of this happening? I have no idea how that might have been possible in the game... Are you running the mod or otherwise editing the game itself?

Sure! And this is unmodded and unedited, I am using the steam version of the game on desktop.

post edit: I forgot to include that I was also using the Taurog Shrine in my preparation, but to my (admittedly limited) knowledge, this shouldn't cause this issue.

https://youtu.be/JZQahJB2JMs
tchernobog

Postby shade_of_ox on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:59 pm

You did something wrong. If you look at the monsters you are fighting, they all have the Cowardly trait. This is because you prepared Taurog, if you read the text that describes what prepping Taurog actually does, it says that all enemies become Cowardly. Cowardly enemies run away when struck. If you explored a tile behind the enemy (there's a little animation showing the enemy "running" if you look closely) you will see that the enemy is still there, and has taken damage from your hit.
shade_of_ox

Postby tchernobog on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:06 pm

shade_of_ox wrote:You did something wrong. If you look at the monsters you are fighting, they all have the Cowardly trait. This is because you prepared Taurog, if you read the text that describes what prepping Taurog actually does, it says that all enemies become Cowardly. Cowardly enemies run away when struck. If you explored a tile behind the enemy (there's a little animation showing the enemy "running" if you look closely) you will see that the enemy is still there, and has taken damage from your hit.

Oh, derp. I could've sworn I'd seen some just explode but I realize now they're hiding in the black. Thanks!
tchernobog

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons