[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Love the game. . . my humble suggestions!

Love the game. . . my humble suggestions!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Love the game. . . my humble suggestions!

Postby MaximumSquid on Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:20 pm

Just want to start off that I can't wait for the release; the style of this game is nearly a lost art and people like myself who picked up previous titles like Oasis have been basically starving for another chance at the genre

---

I recently unlocked everything except for the "very special class" and want to pass these on:

● Was fairly disappointed in Monk. . . Would have loved to seen a skill like this on him instead of DISCIPLINE:
QUIVERING PALM: 20% chance to instantly defeat a foe
SUBMISSION MOVES: Each strike weakens a foes attack power, foes cannot flee (blink)

● Remove bad items like Bonebreaker or rework them so Players don't feel cheated out of an item when it spawns
Rework 1: Shops carry 2 items but you can only choose to purchase one
Rework 2: Lessor items like Bonebreaker are now dropped as random loot from mobs

● Abilities that work once per level up would be worth exploring:
MOMENTUM MK2: after leveling you gain +100% bonus damage until you defeat your next foe
FEARED: after leveling up enemies permanently lose 5% of their max health (roughly 40% total by level 10)

● Likewise abilities that work only when you have full health / mana
SCOUTING: while you have full health you can see 1 additional square
CHANNELING: spells cost only 1 mana while your mana bar is full

● Temples were very confusing and often lead to me losing more than anything
Rework 1: make deity rewards quest based (do X, get Y) angering them removes the quest (fail on Z)
Rework 2: have one temple, have it partially revealed at the start, and let player choose their deity

● Have landmarks like temples have random obstacles that need to be overcome before you can reap their benefits
Idea 1: The door is closed until you slay 2 undead
Idea 2: The water will only flow for heroes who are level 5 or stronger

● Add more landmarks to the game
Eternal Fountain: Initial visit grants +5 hp & +5 atk, return visits refill lost health and mana at the cost of exp
Lair: defeat 3 enemies in succession and claim a valuable prize (exp and prize rewarded after completion)

● Adding one more minor decision when selecting your class could add a lot to the game
Warlord: Do you want to start with CYDSTEPP or the HALPMEH glyph?
Rogue: Do you want to start with a weapon that gives First Strike or a weapon that deals Poison?

● Skills that trigger upon winning a battle
TRACKING: after defeating a foe enemies of the same type are revealed
NECROMANCY: defeating a foe 2 levels lower than you adds a 50% of their hp and atk to yourself for your next fight

● Lastly, features that prevent games from auto losing might be good
Idea 1: general game balancing so games don't require a specific item, landmark, or combination in order to win
Idea 2: a simple "Undo Button". . . I don't know how many times I've lost because of a miss click :cry:

---

Hopefully my thoughts will get some creative juices flowing. . .
I also have a number of complete class professions that I will be posting in the class and glyph idea thread:
http://www.qcfdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32

-
MaximumSquid

Re: Love the game. . . my humble suggestions!

Postby metroid composite on Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:08 pm

metroid composite

Return to Desktop Dungeons