advice required

All things Desktop Dungeons

advice required

Postby bkteer on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:22 am

What battle strategy can i use to kill ssseth in the jungle and anoobis in the crypt?

I never seem to have the hp to take them down. Ssseth because of his damn resistance, and anoobis because of his forms >.>
bkteer

Re: advice required

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:26 am

In the E3 demo, I took down ssseth with... I believe a Dwarf Rogue and Anoobis with... a Priest?

Ssseth honestly isn't THAT hard as long as you play optimally.

Anoobis is definitely a very hard boss though.
TigerKnee

Postby bkteer on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:47 am

i think it's the other way around...anoobis is actually pretty easy with a taurog worshipping halfling priest. I just managed to take him down by using revives on his sorcerer form and 10 hp pots on his other 2 forms.

Right now i need help on another dungeon...the halls of steel dungeon...are we seriously supposed to kill the indomitable who has 50 death protection?
bkteer

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:53 am

are we seriously supposed to kill the indomitable who has 50 death protection?

Theorycrafting but Sorcerer can take off 2 death protections with one attack due to his mana shield. Also, finding another enemy to repeatedly knock into the boss also takes off death protection castings.
TigerKnee

Postby bkteer on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:30 pm

can someone tel me how we are supposed to use the lockers of the guild properly?

So far i received zero items of which i can actually store in there.

Oh and while we are at that, how are we actually supposed to complete the witch quest?
bkteer

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:40 pm

bkteer wrote:can someone tel me how we are supposed to use the lockers of the guild properly?

Once you get out of a dungeon with items, you'll have an exclamation mark over your Fighter Guild and can drag and drop items from the bottom to the top to store them in the locker.

Be careful of the 3rd level Fighter Guild upgrade though. I think it corrupted my savedata and made me restart the entire game.
TigerKnee

Postby bkteer on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:59 pm

so that was what the ! mark meant...

Then what about the witch? It said the frozen east but the only thing frozen with ice in the east is the eastern tundra so far....-.-

On a side note Anyone unlocked the special races and classes yet?
bkteer

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:08 pm

I met an Orc in a dungeon and said yes to his request... but they didn't show up for me in the Kingdom. I don't know why.
TigerKnee

Postby bkteer on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:58 pm

yup still stuck with the damn indomitable armor with 50 death protection. Was only able to drop him to 25 death protection..

Any recommended class and items i should bring to help kill him?

And do we get to see any other altars, races and classes in the beta?
bkteer

Postby dislekcia on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:11 pm

TigerKnee wrote:
bkteer wrote:can someone tel me how we are supposed to use the lockers of the guild properly?

Once you get out of a dungeon with items, you'll have an exclamation mark over your Fighter Guild and can drag and drop items from the bottom to the top to store them in the locker.

Be careful of the 3rd level Fighter Guild upgrade though. I think it corrupted my savedata and made me restart the entire game.

Your save-game did something totally freaking weird BTW. Aeq's fixing it now, should be able to restore where you were at as well :)
dislekcia

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons