ETA on the beta?

All things Desktop Dungeons

ETA on the beta?

Postby Herborist on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:06 pm

I purchased the $10 version yesterday and I was hoping to find out just how close we are to the beta. Any kind of ETA would be appreciated. =)
Herborist

Re: ETA on the beta?

Postby dislekcia on Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:16 am

We're hoping to launch the beta in July. We will have a surprise for you before that though, something that should give you all an idea of some of the changes coming in the full version.
dislekcia

Postby Herborist on Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:34 am

dislekcia wrote:We're hoping to launch the beta in July. We will have a surprise for you before that though, something that should give you all an idea of some of the changes coming in the full version.

Oh wow, that late? I was expecting it to happen in a week or two at most. It's rare to see pre-orders taken a full month before the beta, let alone the release of the game.

My summer started early (first week of May), so I'm disappointed to hear this, but at least I'll have all of July to to play the beta.
Herborist

Postby Azeke on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:06 am

dislekcia wrote:We're hoping to launch the beta in July.

This is great. July is fine by me. I expected much longer, like fall or something.

dislekcia wrote:We will have a surprise for you before that though, something that should give you all an idea of some of the changes coming in the full version.

Trailer? Made by Blur studios? With Ron Perlman or Morgan Freeman voice-acting? 8-)
Azeke

Postby flap on Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Azeke wrote:
dislekcia wrote:We will have a surprise for you before that though, something that should give you all an idea of some of the changes coming in the full version.

Trailer? Made by Blur studios? With Ron Perlman or Morgan Freeman voice-acting? 8-)

Or an online version, available only during E3 ? That would be possible.
flap

Postby princevaliant on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:31 am

Herborist wrote:Oh wow, that late? I was expecting it to happen in a week or two at most. It's rare to see pre-orders taken a full month before the beta, let alone the release of the game.

Is it rare? They were taking preorders of Duke Nukem Forever 10 years before it was released ;-)
princevaliant

Postby dislekcia on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:37 am

Azeke wrote:Trailer? Made by Blur studios? With Ron Perlman or Morgan Freeman voice-acting? 8-)

Hahaha! That would be so incredibly awesome!

flap wrote:Or an online version, available only during E3 ? That would be possible.

... You're dangerously smart, sir.
dislekcia

Postby Herborist on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:37 am

dislekcia wrote:
flap wrote:Or an online version, available only during E3 ? That would be possible.

... You're dangerously smart, sir.

+1... in the hopes that it comes true. ^_^
Herborist

Return to Desktop Dungeons