Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Small text on right pane is too small

Postby laurentvaucher on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:43 pm

At the standard size of 800x600, the small text that appears in the inventory (like the cost of a spell or its description) is mostly unreadable.

It gets better if I zoom the whole browser window, because the Unity player seems to be smart.

Anyway, it's a nice game and the few changes from the free version I have seen already are great (WEYWUT and PISORF come to mind).
laurentvaucher

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby Agbaar on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:47 pm

Sorry if this is a repeat, did only a cursory scan through the thread.

Seems like oftentimes, if I use Space Bar to pick up an item, the next few attempts to move using mouse clicks get swallowed and nothing happens - anyone else seen this?
Agbaar

ENDIWAL description does not fit

Postby laurentvaucher on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:16 pm

The text is truncated and I don't know what the effect will...
laurentvaucher

Postby Thegatso on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:31 pm

There seems to be some kind of double desecrate bug. Desecrating two altars brings up the dump. I first encountered this at the jungle when you first see Tarug. Did taurg's quest. Got the the goat with 270 attack so I needed a lot of piety to spam the death protection. Desecrated Mystra's, no problem. Desecrated tikki tokki: dump. I inadvertently did this twice so It's reproducable.

Firefox
Windows 7.
Thegatso

Postby Nico3ck on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:33 pm

When using "glyph magnet" at Mysteria Annur's alter, a glyph can be stuck under a nearby monster.

Nico3ck

Arrogant humility

Postby topagae on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:35 pm

JUST as I read this forum for the humility trick it gets properly balanced ;3. Oh well. FOR NOW I have to say it's not working. It lowers your level but not your experience needed to next, making the power effectively useless.

I believe it's a bug, but not 100% sure so no formal bug report.
topagae

Postby zoombini on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:40 pm

No, it's far from useless.

Consider, you can easily kill a level 4 monster as level 3. You get the boon, and you're level 2 with the same killing ability. Lo and behold, you're getting tons of bonus XP due to the level differential. The xp needed is fine.
zoombini

After converting something, hotkeys aren't active

Postby topagae on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:46 pm

[Summary]
After converting something (A potion, or a spell or what have you), hotkeys aren't active.

[Labels]
glitch, UI

[Priority]
P2 (This has killed me so many times.. The game doesn't need MORE ways to murder me)

[Operating System]
Windows 7

[Browser (version)]
Chrome

[Pre-conditions]
1. User is in dungeon and has convertibles and spells.

[Steps to Reproduce]
1. Convert something.
2. Try to use a valid spell with hot keys.

[Observed Behavior]
Hotkeys don't work after converting something. Pretty common thing to do in combat, which can kill you if you intended to cast a spell on a monster instead of attacking it.

[Expected Behavior]
Hotkeys always work as intended.
topagae

Re: Arrogant humility

Postby metroid composite on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:07 pm

topagae wrote:JUST as I read this forum for the humility trick it gets properly balanced ;3. Oh well. FOR NOW I have to say it's not working. It lowers your level but not your experience needed to next, making the power effectively useless.

That's how it worked in the completely broken version too. You'd be at level 1, needing 55 exp to level up, and then you'd kill a level 8 enemy and get 64 exp from one fight.

http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDu ... Experience

I still think it's quite powerful as-is. If you're fighting an enemy who would previously have been equal levelled, now you get +2 bonus exp. If you're fighting an enemy who would have previously been one level higher, now you get +6 bonus instead of +4 bonus. If you're fighting an enemy who would have previously been two levels higher, now you get +12 bonus instead of +6 bonus.

If you assume 3 such fights per level for 5 levels (averaging about 3 more exp per fight than you would have otherwise gotten) that's 45 extra exp, which pretty much guarantees an extra level. (Larger than the 25-30 bonus exp you typically got from the Pactmaker's Learning boon in Freeware, but with more downsides...like your fireballs are tied only to your level, as is your regen).

Still an excellent boon, to be honest. Easily worth the 5 piety (especially as it's a Glowing Guardian boon, and you lose piety for killing lower-level enemies, so...it may well gain you piety on average).
metroid composite

Postby neongrey on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:24 pm

If you take the bear mace preparation and then delete it, you still retain the knockback.

e: Knockback also interacts funnily with the rock trolls; they will loop around walls to run away and nothing will be broken.
neongrey

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons