Silent Update?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Silent Update?

Postby Darvin on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:52 pm

Corrosion, actually. I found BURNDAYRAZ rather late. Once I did find it she was a pushover; I had 17 max MP and already had mystic balance from Mystera, plus a fully-charged crystal ball. If I'd found BURNDAYRAZ a little earlier and didn't need to kill monsters to open up paths, it would have been a perfect run.
Darvin

Postby Fran on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:28 pm

Could it be that there were no updates because the free beta of the GDC was intact?
I just saw on the front page that it ended, although I don't know when that was. Maybe today?
Fran

Postby The Avatar on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:57 pm

That was awhile ago, I keep hoping the devs will post.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:21 pm

I've decided that Warmonger on Magma Mines is actually fairly easy. Just prep a Whurgarbl and any class can do it.
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Really? I though burning did the same type of damage as the attack you were using? Or is the termination damage when you attack a different monster the exception?
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:54 pm

Darvin wrote:Really? I though burning did the same type of damage as the attack you were using? Or is the termination damage when you attack a different monster the exception?

The latter. When the burning "ignites" it does magic damage.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:59 pm

I don't think it's that easy. Or is it? I haven't tried yet, so I wouldn't know.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:11 pm

The Avatar wrote:I don't think it's that easy. Or is it? I haven't tried yet, so I wouldn't know.

It actually really is that easy. You just kill the Magic Resist one normally with melee. Then you hit the Physical Resist once to give it a burning, then go kill something else.

Also, I just did some testing, and I think Burning might always do magic damage. Or at a minimum, the combat prediction thinks it does magic damage.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:16 pm

It adds X magic damage to your attack, where X is the amount of burning on it.

Ny bad, I thought we were talking about the challenge where you have to kill them in reverse order. For normal warmonger, I completely agree.

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:28 am

The Avatar wrote:I just did it! I took JJ and leveled up to level 3 before killing Stheno, WEYTWUTing any Revenants in my way. 1 shotted Stheno, destroying all enemies. Bought a Keg of Mana and a Crystal Ball, leveled up off Chaos Avatar and killed Tower of Goo with my last attack. I had 7 mana when I revealed my last tile, which gave me just enough mana to WEYTWUT the Tower of Goo's Revenant.

... Wat?

That's... Crazy.
dislekcia

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons