advice required

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: advice required

Postby metroid composite on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:25 pm

What battle strategy can i use to kill ssseth in the jungle and anoobis in the crypt?

I just took Anoobis down with a Taurog-worshiping Monk.

In other news, Monk is still a top tier class (even if damage after defence rounds up and not down now). Taurog is quite good (spell piety loss isn't crippling like the beta, and +10 base attack is...really good). But more to the point, Taurog and Monk are disgustingly good together as Taurog gets both Monk's defences up to near the 66% cap, while also subtracting 5 more damage on top of that (circumventing the cap), and Taurog gives Monk a badly needed +20% attack.

I'd be surprised if there's a Class/Deity combo stronger than Taurog Monk, to be honest. Taurog more than doubles Monk's physical effectiveness, and due to double regen Monk was already a contender for best physical class.
metroid composite

Postby mysticfire678 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 pm

bkteer wrote:yup still stuck with the damn indomitable armor with 50 death protection. Was only able to drop him to 25 death protection..

Any recommended class and items i should bring to help kill him?

And do we get to see any other altars, races and classes in the beta?

I beat the indomitable one with monk + taurog. I quickly found taurog and the boss and explored as little as possible. Once I hit 6 I started fighting him and just focused on outhealing him and slowly widdling down his death protection. Make sure to explore as little as possible before you fight him.
mysticfire678

Postby dislekcia on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:43 am

mysticfire678 wrote:I beat the indomitable one with monk + taurog. I quickly found taurog and the boss and explored as little as possible. Once I hit 6 I started fighting him and just focused on outhealing him and slowly widdling down his death protection. Make sure to explore as little as possible before you fight him.

Whoa, that was fast ;)

We were quite literally talking earlier about the hardcore players who'd taken down Indomitable before we nerfed him. You may have single-handedly made it OK for Nandrew to be even meaner with dungeons now. Nice.
dislekcia

Postby bkteer on Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:31 am

Which really begs me to ask,

Dislekcia are monster races and special classes in the current patch of the game?
Also are there any more dieties apart from taurog, GG and MA at the moment?
bkteer

Postby Esoteric on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:14 am

Figuring out how to take down Indomitable was hands down my favorite part of the game so far, ended up with a strategy unlike anything I've done before; see if you can find the unusual stat.
That said, Indomitable represented a large difficulty spike.
Esoteric

Postby TigerKnee on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:39 am

I don't think I've ever seen Hero's Helm before... kudos on defeating it with bloodmage anyway. I always hated that class.
TigerKnee

Postby PeaceChaser on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:03 pm

Esoteric wrote:Figuring out how to take down Indomitable was hands down my favorite part of the game so far, ended up with a strategy unlike anything I've done before; see if you can find the unusual stat.
That said, Indomitable represented a large difficulty spike.

FIFTY MP. Wow. I see now - bludtopowa + AM + lots of casting + magic resist doesn't matter on indomitable?. Good job!
PeaceChaser

Postby Nandrew on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:13 pm

I'm impressed that you had spare resources afterwards, as well. I see you didn't exhaust your piety, desecration OR exploration options. :)

Really glad to see such an interesting and (in my opinion) under-appreciated combo work out in such a major scenario. :P
Nandrew

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons