The later/end areas... (spoilers)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The later/end areas... (spoilers)

Postby eigenket on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:00 pm

I enjoyed all the levels very much. I've beaten all the available levels at least once each. But I can't seem to figure out how to complete the "search for the witch" quest.
eigenket

Postby eigenket on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:02 pm

@PeaceChaser Demonic Library
eigenket

Postby LonZealot on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:16 pm

@eigenket You can(!, may take some tries) find her in subdungeons in the eastern dungeons.

@PeaceChaser: That's strange, beating the Rock Garden unlocked it for me. Maybe there are some additional conditions?
Edit: Now that I come to think of it, it only lists one boss when you select the dungeon.
Last edited by LonZealot on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LonZealot

Postby Nandrew on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:19 pm

PeaceChaser wrote:But I beat rock garden... What is the name of the location? Thanks for the quick reply!

Hmm, only thing I can think of here is that maybe you didn't kill both bosses. Rock garden has 2.

There shouldn't be any other conditions, so I'll take this as a bug report if that's the case.
Nandrew

Postby PeaceChaser on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:39 pm

Nandrew wrote:
PeaceChaser wrote:But I beat rock garden... What is the name of the location? Thanks for the quick reply!

Hmm, only thing I can think of here is that maybe you didn't kill both bosses. Rock garden has 2.

There shouldn't be any other conditions, so I'll take this as a bug report if that's the case.

Incorrect. It's not a bug. It's my own ignorance. >.<

I didn't bother to check the areas without flag markers on them.

Man, it really does have 5 bosses. What a trip. :D

*Edit:

I have a hunch. This dungeon was made to root out exploits such as GG's humility and AM's infinite mana? I have a hard time believing this is beatable without breaking the game.
PeaceChaser

Postby TigerKnee on Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:14 am

Finally got pass the brick wall that was The Indomitable. Huh, the Crypt opened up.

Are we going to get a content patch anytime soon? I have 2500 gold lying in my bank and I rather wait for more preparation options before I take on those two dungeons, I guess. Shrug.
TigerKnee

Postby eigenket on Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:53 am

I have a hunch. This dungeon was made to root out exploits such as GG's humility and AM's infinite mana? I have a hard time believing this is beatable without breaking the game.

Try using the berserker, that is how I beat him with quite a lot of resources unspent. Although after the recent nerf it should be a lot closer of a fight.
eigenket

Postby Herborist on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:08 am

TigerKnee wrote:Finally got pass the brick wall that was The Indomitable. Huh, the Crypt opened up.

Are we going to get a content patch anytime soon? I have 2500 gold lying in my bank and I rather wait for more preparation options before I take on those two dungeons, I guess. Shrug.

How do you beat the indomitable? He's got 50 layers of death protection... @_@
Herborist

Postby TigerKnee on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:28 am

Herborist wrote:How do you beat the indomitable? He's got 50 layers of death protection... @_@

There are a handful of strategies (well actually, probably like 3 only) that you can use.

Halfling Monk worshipping Taurog.

Elf Sorcerer with Bear Mace.

But the most consistent is probably Elf Bloodmage (worshipping MA). Though when I say most consistent I mean relatively speaking.

The key preparations are probably Scout: Altar, Fireball Magnet and bank allowance. Anything else is definitely helpful but these are probably the ones you absolutely NEED.

Work your way to Mystera's alter, killing off as many Warlocks as you can and convert to her. Hopefully the altar should be close instead of across the map.

Turn on BludToPowaa and immediately start spamming fireballs and maybe Lemmisi to build piety.

Try to buy Flames as soon as you think it's a good time (when you're relying more on fireballs vs melee)

After that, at 90 piety, buy 5 "Magic" boons and then the "Weaken Magic resistance" boon, which will cover up the disadvantage of the former boon.

At level 8, start regen-fighting the boss. Toss all the fireballs you can at him until he's at 1 hp, uncover EXACTLY 3 tiles which will give you exactly the 6 MP you need to toss another fireball. The boss will recover 30 hp and the fireball will deal 32 damage, which will knock it back down to 1 and take off a death protection. Do this for as long as you possibly can until you exhausted all your tiles.

After that, use all your piety to buy Mana boons BUT not weaken magic resistance. Actual damage won't matter anymore and all you care at this point is to have maximum mana. Convert all your unneccesary stuff, quaff your mana potions, quaff you hp potions, buy more mana potions from shops, throw fireballs, buy more mana boons and hopefully you'll have enough fireballs to whittle down his 50 death protection.

To be honest, unless there's going to be more powerful preparations soon, I think this guy's death protection should be knocked down to like, 30 or something.
TigerKnee

Postby bla0815 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:02 am

You have to fight the Avatar and his five demonic servants in the Area "Demonic Library" (northern area). Yep that's actually six bosses. Don't see him getting killed for a while :/ At least not by one of my adventurers...

I also didn't get past Namtars vampire incarnation yet - doesn't seem impossible though. Does he raise again after the first underworld stage?
bla0815

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons