All you're doing is making the game harder...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: All you're doing is making the game harder...

Postby pakoito on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:20 pm

Herborist wrote:I'm not going to bother checking the forums again until I see an update the addresses any of the issues that I've voiced. I'd feel more reluctant to say/do this if it weren't for at least 10 other people I know voicing the same opinions. If I don't have enough experience after beating the original and unlocking everything to play this one to at least the half way point, then there's something wrong with it that requires addressing. And the fact that people who have basically already played this version in some way before aren't finding it challenging means nothing.

How old are you? 13? Is it your first time on a beta or what? things are there to be discussed constructively, not making childish demands and crying to the devs what they should do "OR ELSE".
pakoito
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:15 am

Re: All you're doing is making the game harder...

Postby Galefury on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm greatly enjoying the challenge, and I think the current difficulty of the hard challenge levels is fine. There just need to be a bunch of easier levels so people can get used to the difficulty and learn the tactics needed to beat the really hard levels. I just beat the sludge mines with a warlord on my first try, and it was one of the closest wins I have pulled off in DD. I originally just wanted to check out the radius of the boss scouting preparation and to see what the level is all about. Then I got super annoyed at the difficulty (that level is hell, seriously), and many times I was sure I would lose. In the end I won by gradually converting just about everything in my inventory to pull out the GG piety I needed to get off one last hit and the damage to actually kill the boss with that hit. I had to play the last 15 or so turns of the game perfectly to squeeze out enough damage, and I did, and I won. This feels good, and I want other players to be able to experience this. Granted, I got really lucky with the subdungeon, but this still feels great.

TLDR: please don't lower difficulty of the hard challenge dungeons, instead add more medium difficulty levels and give some incentive to keep playing the regular dungeon.
Galefury
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:35 am

Re: All you're doing is making the game harder...

Postby eigenket on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Feel free to ignore what I'm saying and continue with your ridiculously elitist rants. I know for a fact that the game would suffer if they had the same mentality as you. And don't throw around "my name is in the titles" crap. Your accomplishments don't make your points any more valid (and trust me, they lack any kind of validity).

I'm not going to bother checking the forums again until I see an update the addresses any of the issues that I've voiced. I'd feel more reluctant to say/do this if it weren't for at least 10 other people I know voicing the same opinions. If I don't have enough experience after beating the original and unlocking everything to play this one to at least the half way point, then there's something wrong with it that requires addressing. And the fact that people who have basically already played this version in some way before aren't finding it challenging means nothing.


Who the fuck does this guy think he is?
eigenket
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:48 pm

Re: All you're doing is making the game harder...

Postby Misery on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:03 pm

eigenket wrote:
Feel free to ignore what I'm saying and continue with your ridiculously elitist rants. I know for a fact that the game would suffer if they had the same mentality as you. And don't throw around "my name is in the titles" crap. Your accomplishments don't make your points any more valid (and trust me, they lack any kind of validity).

I'm not going to bother checking the forums again until I see an update the addresses any of the issues that I've voiced. I'd feel more reluctant to say/do this if it weren't for at least 10 other people I know voicing the same opinions. If I don't have enough experience after beating the original and unlocking everything to play this one to at least the half way point, then there's something wrong with it that requires addressing. And the fact that people who have basically already played this version in some way before aren't finding it challenging means nothing.


Who the fuck does this guy think he is?


A jerk, basically. I've run into Herborist on another forum before (now I see where he got his avatar that he used on that one) and he spends most of his time pissing everyone else off. Gets into arguements easily and acts extremely childish during them.

It's seriously best to just ignore him when he's acting like this, because doing otherwise aint gonna get you anywhere. I simply ignore him all of the time period.

Anyway, I agree with Pakoito, and really, I think *alot* of Roguelike fans are going to agree as well, despite what ol' Herb thinks. These games are meant to be HARD. I understand that this one is meant to be at least a little more accessible than others, and that's fine. But still, the ENTIRE POINT OF THE GAME goes down the drain if it's made easier. I play this... and the entire Roguelike genre... for the challenge.

Also... this is a BETA. If you're going to jump into a beta of all things and complain (read: whine) about balance issues, then you are a bit of a fool. Betas tend to be messy by nature. That's why they're "betas". I'm sure the game will be plenty balanced when it fully releases.... for now, just have fun with it anyway.
Misery
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:56 pm

Re: All you're doing is making the game harder...

Postby Xanopticon on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:28 am

I hope this thread isn't an example of what type of people are playing DD beta and visiting these forums... herborist and pakoito have left a bad taste in my mouth.
Xanopticon
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: All you're doing is making the game harder...

Postby Lekon on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:26 am

Xanopticon wrote:I hope this thread isn't an example of what type of people are playing DD beta and visiting these forums... herborist and pakoito have left a bad taste in my mouth.



Don't worry so much. It's the internet. It runs on hyperbole. Every annoyance is a boycott, every slight a war. There are some genuine constructive criticisms in there, and the nice devs will take those, and ignore the rest. Don't worry too much on how others play/argue. Just enjoy the game and put in your own good feedback. That's what the Devs need most. That, and pictures of Goats.
Lekon
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:11 pm

Re: All you're doing is making the game harder...

Postby flap on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:58 am

Bah, don't worry Xanopticon. That's just a bit of impatience and over expectation for the beta version.

However, that thread might have to watched carefully by the moderators, to avoid it evolving into the collective bashing of any over enthusiastic player... :?
flap
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All you're doing is making the game harder...

Postby Nandrew on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:10 am

flap wrote:However, that thread might have to watched carefully by the moderators, to avoid it evolving into the collective bashing of any over enthusiastic player... :?


Erf, yeah. Guys, this thread is starting to get our attention for the wrong reasons. Hit us with your best shots if you will, but try be nice to each other. And please post more goats.

Hopefully this discussion will be moot soon, since we're working on quite a few new easy quests for the next update. We'll also be buffing the item pool with some more powerful artifacts, and I hope that instead of nerfing Taurog further, we can just "persuade" players to rely more on shops and locker items instead. ;)

If we have time, there will also be some other difficulty ... variations. And watch out for divine interference, some of the other gods are getting rather impatient with being sidelined.
User avatar
Nandrew
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:59 pm

Re: All you're doing is making the game harder...

Postby pakoito on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:59 am

Everything is fine for me, I just spend too much time in HoN forums and Reddit, I get a bit intense on conversations but I'll tone it down here.
pakoito
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:15 am

Re: All you're doing is making the game harder...

Postby Misery on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Nandrew wrote:
flap wrote:However, that thread might have to watched carefully by the moderators, to avoid it evolving into the collective bashing of any over enthusiastic player... :?


Erf, yeah. Guys, this thread is starting to get our attention for the wrong reasons. Hit us with your best shots if you will, but try be nice to each other. And please post more goats.

Hopefully this discussion will be moot soon, since we're working on quite a few new easy quests for the next update. We'll also be buffing the item pool with some more powerful artifacts, and I hope that instead of nerfing Taurog further, we can just "persuade" players to rely more on shops and locker items instead. ;)

If we have time, there will also be some other difficulty ... variations. And watch out for divine interference, some of the other gods are getting rather impatient with being sidelined.



That all sounds pretty good to me. I definitely like the new locker and inventory system here; the more options and use there is with it, the better.
Misery
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests