Bloodmage Silver

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bloodmage Silver

Postby Blovski on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:55 pm

Ah, no, the grace and power of the Packmaster would probably offer you compression seals and item stacking. Heavy shoppers would *love* it.

Interesting thought about GG, though I think I'd thematically still prefer him to be a bit of a PITA for incoming blood-drinkers ... like making Cleanse simply remove existing bloodpools, since he has no use for them himself and it would help, uh, "straying" followers avoid dark temptations. ;)

Fine control over plantation ... hmm. Overpowered, or just fun? :)

Packmaster boon: Put an enemy in your inventory, take them out of the dungeon for fun, profit and lockerability.
Blovski

Postby Lujo on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:03 pm

I find all this casual joking about a Packmaster god who gives utility and hands out alchemy seals incredibly ironc.

Also, Bloodmage wouldn't mind worshiping EM, tbh, if for no reason then for a bunch more stacks of Greenblood.

And, this'll feel realy weird coming from me, but the Bloodmage Silver is even on my "list" as the godawfully difficult scenario that sort of obviouslly calls for preps. I was kind of hoping to get my grubby little hands on the lifesteal dagger for a while now.

Allthough I would love to get a gorgon in my inventory and point her at monsters for deathgaze. Thank you Packmaster!
Lujo

Postby Nandrew on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:17 pm

Blovski wrote:Packmaster boon: Put an enemy in your inventory, take them out of the dungeon for fun, profit and lockerability.

I lol'd.
Nandrew

Postby Blovski on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:46 pm

Seriously - if you give us modding tools at any point I will do it : p (regardless of feasibility)
Blovski

Postby Darvin on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:14 pm

Fine control over plantation ... hmm. Overpowered, or just fun?

On second thought, since plantation is going to remove those resources anyways I don't think there's really an issue here. Most bloodmages would probably take the blood pools over the piety anyways and skip on plantation altogether.

Interesting thought about GG, though I think I'd thematically still prefer him to be a bit of a PITA for incoming blood-drinkers ... like making Cleanse simply remove existing bloodpools, since he has no use for them himself and it would help, uh, "straying" followers avoid dark temptations.

I feel you'd need some sort of exchange to make this work, otherwise we're still in the situation of "characters with sanguine can't worship GG". The Dracul->GG conversion option is already passable at best, and Bloodmages are giving up literally all of their class features to join his religion. I feel you need to offer something, especially since drinking the blood pools before joining is already a suitable workaround if you absolutely need a specific boon.

I find all this casual joking about a Packmaster god who gives utility and hands out alchemy seals incredibly ironc

You kidding me? This is actually shaping up to be an interesting deity! If there's a joke dungeon introduced at some point, there should totally be an altar of the Packmaster.... hmmm... Secret Goat Level anyone?

Also, Bloodmage wouldn't mind worshiping EM, tbh, if for no reason then for a bunch more stacks of Greenblood.

Vine Form would also be a superb investment for them at lower levels, letting them get a lot of value out of tapping blood pools and enabling them to tackle really tough foes.
Last edited by Darvin on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:19 pm

I am going on a hunger strike until the devs promise us a Packmaster sub dungeon. I wasn't kidding when I said I wanted this more than anything.
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:28 pm

While I'm ok with being able to worship EM as a bloodmage, I'm sort of worried about the concept of being able for take GG's healing boons and have all of the extra resources with the only guy who can suck mana out of bloodpools. That's waaaaay too much "extra resources" right there. Heck, with an alchemist scroll and a bunch of mana potions spent before you join GG things could get silly.

Sidestepper wrote:I am going on a hunger strike until the devs promise us a Packmaster sub dungeon. I wasn't kidding when I said I wanted this more than anything.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2181&start=10 - last post. I was word bombing for a Packmaster just the other day.
Lujo

Postby subanark on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Blovski wrote:Seriously - if you give us modding tools at any point I will do it : p (regardless of feasibility)

I spent a huge amount of time recreating Tower of the Sorcerer with usable modding tools. The vast amount of my time was spent making the interface for it and it still is somewhat buggy. Hardcoding the logic of many of these things is much, much easier.
subanark

Postby fall_ark on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:36 am

Blovski wrote:Seriously - if you give us modding tools at any point I will do it : p (regardless of feasibility)

We asked the devs once. DD isn't moddable D:

Also, Packmaster boons:

PACK FOR THE PACKMASTER: Your next kill will turn the victim into a tiny stuffed monster. They squeak when you squeeze them. Lovely.

COMPRESS FOR THE COMPRESSION SCROLL: Spawn 2 "Uncompressed Scroll"s on the ground. They are large items and have description "Can be used to compress an Uncompressed Scroll into a Compression Scroll", which they totally do.

HOARD FOR THE HOARDLOVER: Fill up all your inventory slots with limes. There's also a few on the ground. They do absolutely nothing. OK, maybe 1 HP per lime or something. They are healthy after all.
fall_ark

Postby subanark on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:44 am

Pack master boon: You gain blink.
subanark

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons