God o' Blood

All things Desktop Dungeons

God o' Blood

Postby GoatBot on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:16 pm

Discussion - God o' Blood
GoatBot

Re: God o' Blood

Postby Darvin on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:29 pm

and have additionally allowed players to target empty spaces and spawn walls from basically nothing just to see if anybody tries anything cool with that.

Binlor worshippers are going to love this.

Slayer Wand experience capped at player level.

I never was as big of a slayer wand fan as the other players around here. Can't see myself ever using it now.

Absolution now prioritises lower levels.

Thank you. Glowing Guardian is still obscenely tilted towards 1st level followers, but at least not nearly as much as he used to be.

Edit: Just doing the puzzles now. Dracul 1 seemed a bit too easy compared to other puzzles, so I suspect my solution may be unintended:

1) Take Blood Curse
2) Attack the dragon
3) take blood swell
4) finish the dragon
Darvin

Postby hempsader on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:20 pm

hope will be one of the latest updates ,because i hate unity, is too unstable for my system
hempsader

Postby Darvin on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:28 pm

So I'm still stumped on Dracul 2, but I've finished Dracul 3. I got my hopes up when GG's altar appeared that it would showcase the incredibly powerful "absolve then convert to Dracul" combo, but alas that was not to be the case. Just some routine altar desecration.

Solution for those stumped:

1) Convert the healing potion
2) Use BURNDAYRAZ to kill a zombie
3) Use blood curse
4) Kill one of the remaining zombies
5) Fireball the Paladin, drink your mana potion, fireball him again
6) convert BURNDAYRAZ then desecrate GG
7) pick up the pendant of health
8) select blood hunger boon
9) attack the boss then kill the two zombies
10) attack the boss again until out of health
11) select blood tithe and pick up blood pools, attack the boss once more
12) use blood swell, attack the boss, then pick up the remaining blood pools to finish
Darvin

Postby Fran on Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:52 pm

I guess the intended solution for dracul 1 is this:

1) Blood Curse
2) Lifesteal
3) Suck goat
4) Kill Dragon with the overheal from the goat in two hits

Also, the buffs/debuff of dracul are rather nice. Base attack rises on Blood Tithe / Blood Hunger and Blood Swell grants you a layer of curse now.
The description of the health pendant in dracul 3 is incorrect, it says 10 HP instead of 5.
Last edited by Fran on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fran

Postby Abraxas on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Those have been there for a while now.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby Fran on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Oh, ok. I'm busy with work nowadays so I don't get much time to play around.
I'm more often in the forums than in the game, so I didn't know that this has been for some time. I thought that i would have read someone of the devs saying that dracul got changed this week, but I guess I'm mistaken then.
Fran

Postby Lujo on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:22 pm

^^ on the Unstoppable Fury. That discussion really got needlesly out of hand, and I hope I didn't get on anyones nerves too much during it.
Lujo

Postby Nandrew on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:49 pm

Darvin wrote:I never was as big of a slayer wand fan as the other players around here. Can't see myself ever using it now.

You'll excuse me if I don't take this to heart -- there's some hideous Wand favouring in the community and I myself almost invariably grab it. Has been getting a bit much. :)

Fran wrote:Oh, ok. I'm busy with work nowadays so I don't get much time to play around.
I'm more often in the forums than in the game, so I didn't know that this has been for some time. I thought that i would have read someone of the devs saying that dracul got changed this week, but I guess I'm mistaken then.

Our changes are usually in tiers. The "top tier" changes are the ones we want to advertise the most: usually features mentioned on the blog update. Then there's a bunch that we'll discuss openly and loudly on the forums. And finally there will be impulse things or just far more subtle points that we chuck into the changelog and forget about otherwise.

Then there's stuff that DOESN'T make it into the changelog at all. Uh, rather clumsy, but we try to keep the important things in (the EM crash error should have been fixed last week, but forgot to add it to the changelog then, so threw it in now). :D

Darvin wrote:I got my hopes up when GG's altar appeared that it would showcase the incredibly powerful "absolve then convert to Dracul" combo, but alas that was not to be the case.

I was humming and hawwing about this one for a while. GG originally wasn't going to be in the puzzle at all. I actually inserted him without consulting my teammates so I decided against shifting the puzzle towards focusing on him too much. Far better for players to literally never be able to worship him (I don't think you can accumulate 50 piety in one go on that puzzle) and keep him as a "fool god" that Dracul's followers just idly smash to pieces in their quest to earn favour and get at each other's throats.

It was in a blind panic on, uh, Thursday afternoon methinks, that I realised -- as I do startlingly often -- the careful puzzle I'd constructed could very, very easily be broken and walked through with the right measures. Squeezing the altar and the pendant in there turned out to be just the right "gateway" for piety gain. And delightfully enough, it is NECESSARY to unlock Glowing Guardian before Dracul, so seeing his altar in this puzzle makes sense anyway.

And as much as we've given players primers on eight different deities, I think this is the first one which forces a lesson in active desecration for perks.

(Though, arrrg, in retrospect the puzzle doesn't teach the Indulgence value of a desecration effectively. May want to take a look at that)
Nandrew

Postby q 3 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Nandrew wrote:And delightfully enough, it is NECESSARY to unlock Glowing Guardian before Dracul, so seeing his altar in this puzzle makes sense anyway.

Are deity unlocks still supposed to be sequential like that? On my new profile, I got Earthmother before Tikki Tooki. Or did you switch those two around?
q 3

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons