None of the special edition user content is in yet, right?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: None of the special edition user content is in yet, righ

Postby fall_ark on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:28 am

The Avatar wrote:I wish... That would be awesome. I'm named after it, it's not named after me.

Since we are still pre-release, I won't be surprised at all if new players see it the other way around. :mrgreen:

Actually...now's definitely a good time to invest in game-related names! When the game finally releases the new players will probably think the in-game names are references to us....! :idea:
fall_ark

Postby q 3 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:38 am

I call dibs on "health potion"! (Uh, "q" is for "quaff" and "3" is the number in a keg of potions. Yeah, that's it exactly.)
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:48 am

Ha! What else could it be? After all, whose ever heard of a health potion?
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Fran on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:33 pm

fall_ark wrote:
The Avatar wrote:I wish... That would be awesome. I'm named after it, it's not named after me.

Since we are still pre-release, I won't be surprised at all if new players see it the other way around. :mrgreen:

I actually thought (that is, until he clarified it in another thread) that the dungeon exists because he ordered the exclusive edition :P

There should definitely some remarks towards ambitious beta testers in the game. I'm still for the inclusion of pack master and a secret subdungeon exclusive to gaan telet where you find a tombstone of lujo together with his flaming pants :lol:
Fran

Postby gjaustin on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:30 pm

I still think that anyone with at least, say, 920 posts gets a subdungeon based on them.

And I just realized that Lujo replaced me as the #3 poster...
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:43 pm

Just 67 more and I'll get 3!

Still, it would mean soooo much to me if I was somehow referenced in this game. That's like a dream come true.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby fall_ark on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:38 am

Well, mass graves sound attractive enough.... I'm pretty sure that's a line you don't hear very often.
fall_ark

Postby Lujo on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:39 am

I'm incredibly sad that my paypal has bugged out on me and I haven't yet purchased even the middle special edition. I AM buying one for my brother in a couple of days, and if I find a way I'm upgrading mine.

Whish I had the regualr qualifications for a mention, even if the shop pool wouldn't sustain the flaming pants :( If I got a tombstone somewhere in Gaan'Telet, the caption could be: "Here lies Lujo, bearer of the Flaming Pants. Walked in, never walked out. Died happily of old age complaining about Monks."
Lujo

Postby Bloggorus on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:44 am

I would think that a graveyard full of beta testers would be extremely appropriate, given the huge number of characters we've killed, petrified and otherwise left for dead in dungeons on over the years... :)
Bloggorus

Postby fall_ark on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:56 am

Bloggorus wrote:I would think that a graveyard full of beta testers would be extremely appropriate, given the huge number of characters we've killed, petrified and otherwise left for dead in dungeons on over the years... :)

Plus tombstones are both an easter-egg cliche and a must-have for roguelikes. Just a few scattered in sub-dungeons would be great. If the devs want to put an extra mile, maybe even a whole subdungeon that features lots of graves and you can "pay respect to"(read: gravedigging) the long-dead ill-fated adventurers and receive trinkets. :mrgreen:

Lujo's grave probably has a pair of old Martyr Wraps buried inside.... 8-)
fall_ark

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons