General Musings

Talk to QCF .. we love to hear from you

Re: General Musings

Postby squirrelnest on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:04 am

CoolBoy wrote:Question: I noticed that you occasionally take damage (with an accompanying sound effect) when you explore new map tiles (making black tiles visible). This isn't a bug, but I was wondering if this mechanic is explained anywhere in-game.

The Lifesteal skill that some monsters have takes some of your life and give it to them when they are revealed through exploration. This can put the monster above its normal max hp as well as cause you to loose some life while exploring.

As for the Crystal Ball, each time you cast a spell with the it in your inventory, the Crystal will gain one charge. Anytime you click the Crystal Ball you will loose 5 gold and regain mana equal to the number of charges on the Crystal. This will not allow you to surpass your maximum mana and will reduce the charges on the Crystal to zero.
squirrelnest

Postby CoolBoy on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:02 am

Thank you for the information. I've been using the Crystal Ball after what you said, and it's proven quite useful. 8-)

Another question (bug?): Is there a mini picture/icon thingy for the Momentum skill for the Crusader? It appears to show only a black square.
CoolBoy

Postby dislekcia on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:03 am

None of the effect icons are final right now.
dislekcia

Postby CoolBoy on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:39 pm

Sorry if I've been coming off as anal retentive. I only want success for you and your team. What you have is utterly brilliant, and I've spent many, many summer afternoons trying out everything I can. From a gameplay perspective, you have mastered the formula. Compared to the Alpha, different play styles are much more viable, not to mention encouraged. I used to rely on the Elf race first and foremost, but lately it's been the Orcs and Goblins leading me to victory. It all depends on the maps and strategies. Keep up the great work.
CoolBoy

Postby Darvin on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:03 pm

Coolboy,

You may wish to post any bugs you find in the bug reporting thread

You can also start discussion threads on the Desktop Dungeons board. General discussion tends to get a small fraction of the activity.

Question: I noticed that you occasionally take damage (with an accompanying sound effect) when you explore new map tiles (making black tiles visible). This isn't a bug, but I was wondering if this mechanic is explained anywhere in-game.

Keep in mind that on the Cursed Oasis dungeon, the enemies doing this to you may not actually be visible. In any case, this is what's going on with BlahBlah. Keep in mind that any health he gains above his maximum can't be healed, so just smack him a few times then go back to exploring.

I used to rely on the Elf race first and foremost, but lately it's been the Orcs and Goblins leading me to victory. It all depends on the maps and strategies.

Orcs and Goblins have both been improved form the alpha, and there are more items that really combo well with them too. Elves are a little weaker form the alpha, but they have some great combos that didn't exist in the alpha.
Darvin

Previous

Return to General Discussion