Tikki Tooki, let's make him better!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Tikki Tooki, let's make him better!

Postby Deadman on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:09 pm

On a related note, is there ever going to be an ingame way to find out what gods like and dislike, or will you always have to look at a wiki?
I think it would be great if there were at least hints. Personally I had NO idea that the telportation gave you piety, I've barely ever used that rune so my chances of finding it out by accident were slim to none.
Deadman

Postby fall_ark on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:08 pm

Deadman wrote:On a related note, is there ever going to be an ingame way to find out what gods like and dislike, or will you always have to look at a wiki?
I think it would be great if there were at least hints. Personally I had NO idea that the telportation gave you piety, I've barely ever used that rune so my chances of finding it out by accident were slim to none.

DD is an experimenting game, so some form of trial and error is expected, as should be. Also WEYTWUT has become rather effective towards certain enemy types -- you should try it some time!

But I do think improvements can be made. I think one of the problems with the current version is that with so many choice of kingdom preparations, the game gives the impression that one should always be careful in their dungeon runs, so it discourages players from experimenting. Harder dungeons often require some form of preparation, and easy dungeons, well, you have the incentive to beat the boss to gain some spoil of war, so again you try to be very careful.

Hopefully there will be some rebalance in the near future. Also, I imagine there will be many puzzle maps closely interconnected to deities. :P
fall_ark

Postby michal.lewtak on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:01 pm

dislekcia wrote:We have been looking at rebalancing Tikki Tooki a little bit. He is actually quite a bit easier to earn piety with than you guys have pointed out so far (for instance, he does reward teleportation) but his first strike boon is rather arb right now: Either you have it anyway from playing a rogue, or you're not really needing it because you have the glyph, or you simply have it situationally anyway, especially with Tikki's reduced hit-count punishment condition.

Also, just finished changing quicksilver potions to give you 10% per hit. And you guys have NO IDEA how cool the Witch is going to get ;)

Is the witch going to be a kitten?
michal.lewtak

Postby Zalminen on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:23 pm

Deadman wrote:On a related note, is there ever going to be an ingame way to find out what gods like and dislike, or will you always have to look at a wiki?

I think the most suitable way would be to have an automatically updating info screen for each god ingame. That is, the first time you gain piety / lose piety / get punished in a new way, the game will automatically add the data to the info screen for that god.
This way would still require experimentation by the player but would also reward it and it would be a lot more handy than looking at a separate wiki.
Zalminen

Postby michal.lewtak on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:22 pm

Zalminen wrote:

I think the most suitable way would be to have an automatically updating info screen for each god ingame. That is, the first time you gain piety / lose piety / get punished in a new way, the game will automatically add the data to the info screen for that god.
This way would still require experimentation by the player but would also reward it and it would be a lot more handy than looking at a separate wiki.

That's exactly what they said they'd do, in a blog post some time ago. A Godex!
michal.lewtak

Postby DalaranJ on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:58 pm

michal.lewtak wrote:Is the witch going to be a kitten?

Better be.
You can't cut back on kingdom funding. You will regret this!
DalaranJ

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons