Extra Challenges

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extra Challenges

Postby Nurator on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:23 am

i somehow have the most problems with cheeky...^^ which class do you use to try the challenge?
Nurator

Postby Nurator on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:52 am

this was easy but fun :)
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:08 pm

Nice. It's a shame you couldn't do it the old hard way. It was waaaaay more difficult.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:09 pm

What about open ended challenges? What is the highest displayed damage you can get? What is the highest displayed damage you can get without temporary buffs? Highest health, including overheal? Highest max health? Highest max mana? I was even thinking about making a hall of records thread for this kind of thing.

Forget about winning the dungeon or building a viable character. Just pick a category and distort the game as hard as you can around a single mechanic. Floor us with your 200+ damage trisword wielding orc rogues of Dracul +Glowing Guardian+Taurog.
Sidestepper

Postby Darvin on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:29 pm

What is the highest displayed damage you can get without temporary buffs?

Probably in the 180-200 range as a Trilling on Naga City (only level with enough gold to truly fuel its full potential). Actually, you might be able to push it even higher by going human and using the keg of health to fuel the reflex boon. Maybe 220-240 might be the highest.

Highest max health?

It'd be interesting to see what it is now. I know I hit 300 with Orc Rogues using old absolution, but now that it's gone I'm not sure how high you could really push it.

I do often hit the 200-mark every so often as a non-dwarf, so 300 is probably still feasible if you don't care about actually winning.

Highest max mana?

Best I've reached is the low 40's. Eight conversions as an elf (+8), three hits of boost mana (+9), Elven Boots (+3), Mage Plate (+5), Pendent of Mana (+2), and you're in spell-spammer heaven. At that point, however, pushing things much higher becomes nearly impossible. There are no more +mana items to grab, and that many mana boosts will preclude a detour through the GG's religion for enlightenment. You'll be very hard pressed to get more than two or three more points than this. I think 45 may be the realistic maximum possible.

Forget about winning the dungeon or building a viable character. Just pick a category and distort the game as hard as you can around a single mechanic. Floor us with your 200+ damage trisword wielding orc rogues of Dracul +Glowing Guardian+Taurog.

Tikki Tooki is the way to go, and with this much base attack you definitely want human over orc. Also, a character that focuses on nothing but maximizing damage is actually quite playable in this game, so winning probably wouldn't be a huge issue at that point.
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:32 pm

Darvin wrote:
What is the highest displayed damage you can get without temporary buffs?

Probably in the 180-200 range as a Trilling on Naga City (only level with enough gold to truly fuel its full potential). Actually, you might be able to push it even higher by going human and using the keg of health to fuel the reflex boon. Maybe 220-240 might be the highest.

You could hit 200 easily as a Halfling Rogue, as long as you find Dwarven Gauntlets.

Back when I first tried the crazy Trilling in Naga City (when the bosses dropped transmutable trophies), I'm pretty sure I managed to break 60 attack on the Tri-sword and still have some potions left over.

So drop it down to 25, figure you steal some Dwarven Gauntlets (for health AND attack), so you end up with 100 attack and +100% damage.
gjaustin

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons