Unable to launch game on Chrome, IE8, Waterfox

Got a problem? Let us know!

Unable to launch game on Chrome, IE8, Waterfox

Postby Q.T.Quazar on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Ok, I know Waterfox is not going to work, because of the 64 bit issue.

Reading the forums, Chrome seems to be having some issues with DD and memory management. Fair enough.

But QCF... you have reduced me to using IE8... an even that is no dice. I just bought the game 10 minutes ago.

Here's hoping you can offer up a solution.

btw, other Unity-based games like Wazhack have been running fine for me in Chrome/IE8, so it's not the Unity install.
Q.T.Quazar

Re: Unable to launch game on Chrome, IE8, Waterfox

Postby Nandrew on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:17 am

We're doing our best to get this resolved as quickly as possible. It seems the problem is affecting a broader range of users than before, so maybe there's some clues in the most recent build. Chatting to Unity and also tweaking code on our side where possible -- if you keep an eye on the forums you'll probably hear about further developments in this area.

Thanks for the patience, hoping this current batch of problems is just a bad Beta crisis memory soon!
Nandrew

Postby dislekcia on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:16 pm

Funnily enough (it's not funny at all, I'm just putting on a brave face so that I don't go jump off a bridge) the game will only actually BUILD on 1 machine out of the 6 here at the office. This is part of the problem that we've been talking to Unity about, so far they're not having the same problem anywhere... This points to some sort of secondary side-effect-based information messing with the game. Tracking those down is always incredibly hard.

I am not looking forward to the next couple of weeks.
dislekcia

Postby Waras on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:01 am

same here, but I'm just testing..., so IE8, not working, Firefox not working(sometimes works :O), maxthon3 not working(using same settings as IE8), Chrome not working, Opera Working :D
Waras

Postby Q.T.Quazar on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:50 am

I can also confirm that Opera works. it's the only browser that does (given that I'm not desperate enough to try Safari)

Are the building picture assets missing in-game or is this an opera quirk?
Q.T.Quazar

Postby WolvezDen on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:32 pm

I will just jump on this train and state I can't get on with IE8, Chrome, Opera, Firefox, or Stone Tablets either. Sucks to be me!
WolvezDen

Return to Support