q 3 wrote:Apparently the new Pony race converts glyphs into Friendship.
Actually, that could be a funny/weird joke level : instead of killing monsters you turn them into friends.
But being in a rogue like and not faery tale, it would finish in a horrible way (actually monster thought that you where really weird and decided to play a trick on you. Once you think that they all are your friends, they all jump on you. Or worse, you would invite them in your kingdom. And as soon as they are at your home they start rampaging)
On a more serious note, could there be any way to tame monsters and use them to fight along with (or instead of) you ?
But really, that would be opening a new can of worms and thousands of new possibilities :
- Would they be in your inventory ? And you use them in the same way as a spell ?
- Would they follow you around ?
- Would they heal (I think not. Except through potions) ?
- Would they earn levels ?
- Would there be interaction between monsters ? (Not attacking the same race. Or attacking a specific race as soon as there are next to them ?
- Would they only give you their ability for one shot when you use them (A bit like the changeling in alpha), or would they actually hit your target instead of you (and taking damages themselves,and eventually XP) ?
- Coud they go weild and attack you ?
- What do you do with them at the end of the dungeon ? Release them or bring them back home (there could be a new "Zoo" building, or something sounding a bit nicer for your new friends. So you can "collect them")
- And of course,(I was going to forget it) how do you tame them...
Well well well. Right at the beginning of a beta testing that looks like an alpha (lots of things still being turned on, one after the other), it might not be the best time to propose a whole new mechanism...
But it is still fun to think of it !