All things Desktop Dungeons

Ouch. D:

Postby fall_ark on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:24 am

Curse you Getanadafix!

The worst way to go. Can't even get my equipments back to the kingdom.... D:
fall_ark

Re: Ouch. D:

Postby subanark on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:16 am

Yea I had him once teleport between 2 thorns in a hallway. It's risky not to have the destroy wall glyph for such occasions.
subanark

Postby platypotamus on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:25 am

You also may be able to avoid the situation with WEYTWUT. Not sure if it works on plants that don't resist magic, but you could always keep a weak monster around.

Based on the screeny though, I think fall_ark was a Taurog worshipper with no glyphs left (or at least no mana pool left).

No death protection boon?
platypotamus

Postby fall_ark on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:29 am

subanark wrote:Yea I had him once teleport between 2 thorns in a hallway. It's risky not to have the destroy wall glyph for such occasions.

That was....harsh. Especially since the glyph isn't that common, and since there can now be two Fireball glyphs on the ma, limiting the variety.

platypotamus wrote:You also may be able to avoid the situation with WEYTWUT. Not sure if it works on plants that don't resist magic, but you could always keep a weak monster around.

Based on the screeny though, I think fall_ark was a Taurog worshipper with no glyphs left (or at least no mana pool left).

No death protection boon?

Yeah, didn't pick up the final piece of equipment since I've got the fine sword and two hp potions.... oversight really. With only two hits to go I really should have converted the potions(or better, the fine sword) and have death protection on me, but it never occured to me I might be trapped by him. Oh well, now I'm too afraid to face him with a melee fighter. (Orc Berserker is a very good choice for this map though, with Druids as the main enemy force.)
fall_ark

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:35 am

fall_ark wrote:Oh well, now I'm too afraid to face him with a melee fighter. (Orc Berserker is a very good choice for this map though, with Druids as the main enemy force.)

Don't be afraid, a berserker is still basically the best choice for this mission.

Technically, I don't even think you have to worship Trog to take down Getadanafix as a Berserker. The berserker is just too well-suited to take him out.

Which means you can hold Weytwut or EndIsWall.

And of course with the Berserker's huge damage, he'll blink less often which means less plants. It's not unlikely you'll never be blocked in by insta-kill vines.
TigerKnee

Postby PeaceChaser on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Where do you upload these screen shots to? I have one where I was teleported into a wall.
PeaceChaser

Postby fall_ark on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:56 am

PeaceChaser wrote:Where do you upload these screen shots to? I have one where I was teleported into a wall.

There are many free image services. imgur.com and minus.com are but two of them.
fall_ark

Return to Desktop Dungeons