All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Avatar Symbol

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Yeah :D

Funny thing is, I couldn't tell since I haven't seen the ward in ages ^^
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Really? That's my default prep for quick runs...
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:09 pm

The Avatar wrote:Really? That's my default prep for quick runs...

I couldn't bring myself to go through Namtars Lair to unlock it last time around (I didn't unlock the vamp either, you got to understand, Gaan'Telet stopped crashing on me and I sort of concentrated on it), but I knew it's strong ever since I've seen "free DP per level". When it got buffed again past that point I just didn't think it needed testing. Would be fun to have for romping, though.
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:15 pm

but I knew it's strong ever since I've seen "free DP per level". When it got buffed again past that point I just didn't think it needed testing

Actually it was never buffed past that point. Rather, its downsides were just removed (it used to permanently reduce your mana when activated). The last change, IIRC, is that it starts in the "charged" state rather than the "uncharged" state so it's actually usable at level 1.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:41 pm

Yes the "starts charged" thing was what I was refferign to. I sort of concluded it's gotta be rather good at the "no penalties" stage, but was going crazy with martyr wraps.
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons