Suggestion - Warning

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Suggestion - Warning

Postby The Avatar on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Agreed. I don't even want to talk about all the times when I realize I could have one if I had done one thing differently. That happens constantly in vicious and high badge runs (like the dungeon of the day).
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:01 am

The Avatar wrote:Agreed. I don't even want to talk about all the times when I realize I could have one if I had done one thing differently. That happens constantly in vicious and high badge runs (like the dungeon of the day).

That's what the death moment for new players becomes once you start understanding the game a lot. Instead of dying, you play "what-if" games with yourself and as you get a new idea on what you could have done, you don't really mind that this particular run might be useless - you're already thinking about the next one ;)
dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:32 am

Will you be implementing a click to select system? I think that will take away most of the deaths, and the rest will mostly be people who don't realize they can retire.

Actually, that's probably the fault of the live-fire tutorial. That's the only concept that the bigger tutorials have that the live-fire lacks. I think...
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby harfatum on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:48 am

It's been confirmed for a while.

Tablet play would be terrible without it.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:53 am

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess they'll also make you have to zoom out and move around the board.

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:11 pm

harfatum wrote:It's been confirmed for a while.

Tablet play would be terrible without it.

Thanks harfatum, I really don't know how to say that any louder and I was getting a bit bleak that apparently people hadn't noticed...

YES! THERE IS GOING TO BE A WHOLE DIFFERENT WAY TO INTERACT WITH THE GAME COMING SOON! YOU WILL CLICK MONSTERS TO SELECT THEM, THEN CLICK SOMEWHERE ELSE TO MAKE WITH THE ATTACKING!
dislekcia

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:20 pm

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess they'll also make you have to zoom out and move around the board.

There's obviously going to be significant interface differences for the tablet version. For me, give me to the quick and clean PC version any day; mouse-over is such a clean way of handling it and I literally go insane on tablets because there's no equivalent to mouse-over.
Darvin

Postby subanark on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:55 pm

dislekcia wrote:YES! THERE IS GOING TO BE A WHOLE DIFFERENT WAY TO INTERACT WITH THE GAME COMING SOON! YOU WILL CLICK MONSTERS TO SELECT THEM, THEN CLICK SOMEWHERE ELSE TO MAKE WITH THE ATTACKING!

Ooo, does this mean we will finally be able to get mouse over tool tips for enemy abilities?

Also, maybe an override for popcorn (Shift click to kill any enemy that you can kill in 1 hit without taking damage)?

As another possible minor tweak: If you select a monster that you cannot attack without revealing tiles, the attack should be disabled and simply tell you to move into position first (I know it's an edge case).
subanark

Postby Lujo on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:58 pm

O.O

You're alive!

Where have you been!?

(also, I think we got you, Dislekcia :) )
Lujo

Postby xspeedballx on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:55 am

People were unclear that click to select was coming? It both seemed obvious and you had said you were going to do it. I was operating that this whole discussion was happening with that knowledge fully in mind. hrm..
xspeedballx

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons