Yar Where Be the nauticals.

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Yar Where Be the nauticals.

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:04 am

The Avatar wrote:Since I'm not much of a programmer, I have no idea how difficult being hard coded would make it. Sure is a shame though.

To put it bluntly, you'd actually need to get the code from the devs and reprogram it to do what you want. Such a mod would be a stand-alone executable, since you've literally created a different version of the game rather than just modifying some external data/scripting files. That isn't going to happen.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:07 am

Wow. Scary. So basically it's all connected so tightly changing one thing could cause the game to collapse.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:46 am

So basically it's all connected so tightly changing one thing could cause the game to collapse.

No, it would be theoretically possible to open the executable file, find the exact hex addresses that stores the values you want to change, and then tweak them. However, doing this would require extensive knowledge of decompiling machine code, which makes reprogramming the source code look like a walk in the park by comparison.
Darvin

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons