Extra pixels

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extra pixels

Postby FDru on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:50 pm

Ying and Yang made bloodless.

Oh noes. My infinite Dracul piety farm!

Sadly when I discovered this I had done it by mistake and the only normal mob on the field was Bleaty. Yay infinite piety! Yay not being able to actually do anything but farm infinite piety and exit the dungeon :x
FDru

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Just saw this. Congrats to Lujo for an in game reference!

JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:03 pm

:shock:

O M G

O M G

(Speechless)

Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thank you.

(If it's a fixed shop name, it's got the nice berserker flavour I loved in the challenges ^^)
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:27 pm

It's not a fixed shop name, it's part of a random prefix/suffix group, so you can also get get "Lujo's Emporium" or "Dimensional Yargh". I've seen (and commented) about it several times. It's been there for several months at least.

Don't know why you got your in-game shout-out, but there it is; congrats.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Darvin wrote:It's not a fixed shop name, it's part of a random prefix/suffix group, so you can also get get "Lujo's Emporium" or "Dimensional Yargh". I've seen (and commented) about it several times. It's been there for several months at least.

Don't know why you got your in-game shout-out, but there it is; congrats.

You got yours too, I've commented on it. ;)

And if you know how hero names and surnames are choosen I can tell you exactly how to find it :)

I just found "Lujo's Respite". The universe feels like a better place to me.
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:46 pm

You got yours too, I've commented on it.

Really? I've never seen it, but I've seen Lujo's many times (I just did a few runs and saw three or four variants of Lujo's, but no other shout-outs)
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 am

Yeah. What is Darvin's shout out?

Anyways, grats to you guys. You deserve it.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby harfatum on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:58 am

Of course, The Avatar was in the game before any of those guys... ;)
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:09 am

The Orc Bloodmage had the name Darvin for me at least once. Noticed a while back, mentioned in the playthrough notes, was a tiny bit snarky about it :oops:

For all we know, Avatar DID get a shoutout. Heck, his trailblazing inspired so many "great sucess" attempts on my part to say the least, and he clocked in so many hours he could practicaly put it in a CV... Then you count in the wiki work, and everything...

Not saying there aren't other deserving people, and I guess the dev's will or have allready honored thier massive time investments.

Also, this made my wife and friends really happy. Big thanks to the devs from a bunch of well educated and hardworking Croatians! <3

EDIT:

Darvin wrote:
You got yours too, I've commented on it.

Really? I've never seen it, but I've seen Lujo's many times (I just did a few runs and saw three or four variants of Lujo's, but no other shout-outs)

Why didn't you tell me you bastard! :lol: I was the last person to find out, and if it's been around for so long I must've looked like quite an ars****e... Oh, well, at least I got the chance to show that I was cool with not getting one, so I guess that had it's benefits as well.
Lujo

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:48 pm

Both "Darvin" and "Lujo" have been in there for, oh, I dunno, a million years. Those were actually thrown rather quietly right about the same time I created the mass reference in the graveyard.

Hell, I forgot about those until now.

There's still too much whining about in-game references, though.
Nandrew

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons