Extra pixels

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extra pixels

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:34 pm

I'd be interested in that. Early TT has always been a mystery to me, even when Poison was absolute. I think the problem is that I am tempermentally incapable of harvesting popcorn early.
Sidestepper

Re: Extra pixels

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:38 am

Sidestepper wrote:I'd be interested in that. Early TT has always been a mystery to me, even when Poison was absolute. I think the problem is that I am tempermentally incapable of harvesting popcorn early.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure why that works either - I did find an early Tri-Sword on that run, but I was carefull about not chugging potions because of the previous run (the one below).

I mean, I do it very often, or rather, I used to - it was possible to do long stretches of Gaan'Telet entiely in TT, and I obviously got away with it here, but I guess it promotes good overall play and Tiki's Edge and Dodge actually pay off in the long run. You munch on popcorn here and there, but that also means you ding your way through the levels and save a bunch of exploration. The fact that Namtar's Lair fortunately doesn't have any first strike monsters also worked in my favor.

I hope I can capture it somewhere, it's a bit impossible to prep for a demo due to the prep penalty.

Anywho, for now, here's an educational run with a Wizard, and I promise next time I'm doing something else ^^ No whining, either.

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jztKCxK ... e=youtu.be
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons