Bug Stomper

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug Stomper

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:07 pm

xspeedballx wrote:Witch change is a slight buff the the potion shop prep(does anyone use it?)

I've used it on every vicious token run. And I did every sub-vicious vicious token run. It very often payed off, and I had the Trisword in comparatively few of those.
Lujo

Postby xspeedballx on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:20 pm

Acid Caster totally works now. Even on the ridiculously cramped zerker camp. Level 8 Wraith -> Tormented One -> Zerker cleared some popcorn only to get to a bit of blackspace to setup well.

xspeedballx

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Burning might be a bit too good, at least on the wizard who acquires stacks faster.

EDIT: And err, WOW, that was your second ever win there? In the sense - what an improvement!

In other news the new Cha'Dylan subdungeon is likeable.
Lujo

Postby xspeedballx on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:48 pm

Far from second ever.. Second on the new profile. Other profiles have cleared the place a few times. Latest profile has been a slow labor of love for last bunch of months though.
xspeedballx

Postby chau on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:24 pm

how much of a buff will the new potion slot limitations be to halflings and gnomes?
chau

Postby grimskallen on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Hey.... I played a game and Orb of Zot just boosted all the monsters max health to 2x. instead of "Every visible enemy has their max health (not current health) reduced by 50%"
I was playing slime pit on the bonus bravery quest with an goblin crusader, and was ready to finish the last monsters and bosses, until they got their max health doubled instead of reduced to half... Anyone else experienced this?
First time I've ever gotten the Orb of Zot...

Other than that, love this game to bits!
grimskallen

Postby gjaustin on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:11 pm

xspeedballx wrote:Witch change is a slight buff the the potion shop prep(does anyone use it?)

I use it for every single run, unless I'm going Purist or Miser/

If I'm going Miser, I'll prep the Extra Shop Scroll instead because it's worth CP!
gjaustin

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:23 pm

I'd rather the potionlimit be4 instead of 3, since what I mostly used it for was burn salve +fortitude anyway.
Sidestepper

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:51 pm

Sidestepper wrote:I'd rather the potionlimit be4 instead of 3, since what I mostly used it for was burn salve +fortitude anyway.

Maybe fortitude and burn salve should be aggregated into a single "slot" for prep purposes? Might be a bit much for trisword-wielders, though, which I think is what this change was (at least partially) aimed at.
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:57 pm

Darvin wrote:
Sidestepper wrote:I'd rather the potionlimit be4 instead of 3, since what I mostly used it for was burn salve +fortitude anyway.

Maybe fortitude and burn salve should be aggregated into a single "slot" for prep purposes? Might be a bit much for trisword-wielders, though, which I think is what this change was (at least partially) aimed at.

It would probably be too complicated, but I'd love to see a point system.

You get 5-8 points and:

1 point
Fortitude
Burn Salve

2 point
Health
Mana

3 Point
Quicksilver
Reflex
Whupaz
gjaustin