All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Dracul

Postby Darvin on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:26 am

Fully explored Halls of Steel ten times now, no Dracul :-(
Darvin

Postby Hero of the Beach on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:46 am

Darvin wrote:Fully explored Halls of Steel ten times now, no Dracul :-(

It took me a long time too, but you will know as soon as you find the right basement. I also found him in the Halls of Steel, and not without a lot of grinding failed runs first.

Without spoiling anything, a message box will appear as soon as you enter. I thought that Dracul was related to the green room where the gold spawns the zombies, but I actually can't figure out any significance for that room.
Hero of the Beach

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Hero of the Beach wrote:Without spoiling anything, a message box will appear as soon as you enter. I thought that Dracul was related to the green room where the gold spawns the zombies, but I actually can't figure out any significance for that room.

It's just an opporunity to give yourself some extra exp if you're smart or to screw yourself over if you haven't seen it before.
TigerKnee

Postby Darvin on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:45 am

Heh, never seen that room. Also, how do you get goblins and orcs? Never seen those guys either. Is that another grind scenario?

Edit:
Finally got him. Took me over 20 tries before he spawned; that's way too long. If I didn't know he spawned in Halls of Steel, I might never have found him at all.

My first thought is: WTF, another god that hates CYDSTEPP!? This is a fricken awesome glyph, and disliking it is basically a deal-breaker for that god if the glyph is on the field.
Darvin

Postby Deadman on Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:33 am

I found my goblins in the Southern Swamp. Orcs are in the West areas (found mine in the level with the troll bridge).
It is indeed a grind scenario, you have to keep checking the sub-dungeons until they appear.
Deadman

Postby Darvin on Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Must have been changed in this patch; I take one step into a southern scenario and there's the subdungeon with the goblins. Glad to have them, now to do something I've been wanting to do for a long time: swift-hands that level 8 Lord Gobb boss in the easy dungeon ^_^
Darvin

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons