Smoothing out

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Smoothing out

Postby Nandrew on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:22 am

squirrelnest wrote:I trust your judgment and everything. I do. Still, this removes one of the coolest puzzles from the game. The second-to-last "basic game" puzzle. I'm sad.

Yeah, I'm a little sad about that too. But it needed to be done.

sitnaltax wrote:5. The changelog reads "Shifting Passages now referred to as Shifting Passages." I... do not understand what has changed, or is this a very subtle joke I missed?

6. As another poster indicated in the bug reports, each one of the endgame H-visitors is still giving me the whole speech, despite what the changelog says.

Yeah, sorry, it was a bit of a joke. Also, if "H" is still coming in a lump, it maaaay be because you logged in with your account last week but didn't win a dungeon and had already unlocked all of the "H" triggers before the fix was made. Or something. Just thought about that now. Fortunately a once-off problem, but we'll try smooth that out a little more.
Nandrew

Postby FDru on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:43 am

Nandrew wrote:Yeah, sorry, it was a bit of a joke. Also, if "H" is still coming in a lump, it maaaay be because you logged in with your account last week but didn't win a dungeon and had already unlocked all of the "H" triggers before the fix was made. Or something. Just thought about that now. Fortunately a once-off problem, but we'll try smooth that out a little more.

It's not so much that they come at once, it's that each of them give all three speeches as well.

Anyway, what were the patch notes referring to if not that?
FDru

Postby sitnaltax on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:15 pm

Nandrew wrote:Also, if "H" is still coming in a lump, it maaaay be because you logged in with your account last week but didn't win a dungeon and had already unlocked all of the "H" triggers before the fix was made.

That sounds pretty much on target:

• I logged in last week
  • I was afflicted with the bug that crashed whenever I left a dungeon
  • I have enough progress that whatever the triggers are, I've likely hit them

And in several more plays on the non-crashing version this week, after the first time they showed up, I haven't seen them any more.
sitnaltax

Postby Nandrew on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:01 am

FDru wrote:It's not so much that they come at once, it's that each of them give all three speeches as well.

Both aspects grate me. :P

FDru wrote:Anyway, what were the patch notes referring to if not that?

The way our save system works right now, it's a little bit difficult to "un-unlock" a quest once it has settled into a profile. At first, the "H" visits were set to just come in once the necessary trophy counts had been reached, all three times. On an advanced profile, this caused the weird behaviour where all three arrived at once (shouldn't happen in "normal" play progress, but wanted to work on that anyway).

This past week, I edited the quest progression so that unlocking the next "H" visit would strictly depend on completing the previous one. I reckoned that anybody who was going to continue having the visitation problem would have already logged in and played one dungeon in the previous week, making other considerations moot.

Buuuuut since people were logging in last week and unlocking the quests already (and then *not* finishing dungeons due to the crash problem), they slipped through the net. And now we're getting to the point where I'm gonna have to write special case code for a problem that's not actually going to come up in normal play, unless everyone who by now WOULD have seen the bug has done so and will be unable to replicate ever again. And then fixing that becomes pointless. I dunno. :P
Nandrew

Postby Bloggorus on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:33 pm

Honestly, I't not like anyone cares if all three H's show up at once. It doesn't affect anything and only happens once.
Bloggorus

Postby Darvin on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:29 pm

Indeed, now that I can actually save my game I shouldn't have to experience the "triple-H" problem again.
Darvin

Postby dislekcia on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:28 am

Is everyone's gold earning working again?
dislekcia

Postby FDru on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:18 am

dislekcia wrote:Is everyone's gold earning working again?

Mine seems to be...

Is it safe to assume that when the game prompts for email address (which is usually saved) that there was some kind of update?
FDru

Postby Naoya on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:45 am

Yup, seems to work fine.
Naoya

Postby Raz on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:44 am

Earend gold tonight- thanks.
Raz

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons