You Ain’t Nothin’ But A Pit Dog

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: You Ain’t Nothin’ But A Pit Dog

Postby dislekcia on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:56 pm

booooooze wrote:This may be a matter of personal preference, but I'd prefer if, after I right clicked on something, it stayed on the monster tab until I either clicked off, untargeted, or killed the beast.


There's a bunch of logic around tab management that got tweaked this week (and is still about to be tweaked) we're trying to make the selection combat be as awesome and intuitive as possible so that players can use either (or both) at will.
User avatar
dislekcia
 
Posts: 1720
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Re: You Ain’t Nothin’ But A Pit Dog

Postby booooooze on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:13 pm

Fair enough. I'm still mostly not using it, but I had a monk, and gave it a try, and it was awesome until I accidentally picked up a potion I didn't mean to and screwed up my inventory management/planning. A different button for attack vs pick up would probably be enough (though space is so convenient).

And as long as I'm blaming others for my stupid mistakes: how about disabling spacebar-to-purchase on potion shops?

Perhaps this is already part of the tab management you mentioned, but vis a vis the other discussion going on about learning the gods, perhaps it should switch to the piety tab any time your piety goes down?
booooooze
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:36 am

Re: You Ain’t Nothin’ But A Pit Dog

Postby dislekcia on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:55 pm

booooooze wrote:And as long as I'm blaming others for my stupid mistakes: how about disabling spacebar-to-purchase on potion shops?


Wait, that shouldn't be happening... How does it know which potion you want to buy?

booooooze wrote:Perhaps this is already part of the tab management you mentioned, but vis a vis the other discussion going on about learning the gods, perhaps it should switch to the piety tab any time your piety goes down?


We're working on the piety tab at the moment, it's a bit of a tricky one because you don't want it to constantly interrupt important tabs like combat prediction, etc. At the moment I'm leaning towards some kind of change notification on the tab image itself... Sigh. So much to polish :(
User avatar
dislekcia
 
Posts: 1720
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Re: You Ain’t Nothin’ But A Pit Dog

Postby booooooze on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:59 pm

dislekcia wrote:Wait, that shouldn't be happening... How does it know which potion you want to buy?


It just buys whichever is highlighted, I think. Generally a health. (and generally I wanted a schadenfreude)
booooooze
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:36 am

Re: You Ain’t Nothin’ But A Pit Dog

Postby booooooze on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:02 am

dislekcia wrote:We're working on the piety tab at the moment, it's a bit of a tricky one because you don't want it to constantly interrupt important tabs like combat prediction, etc. At the moment I'm leaning towards some kind of change notification on the tab image itself... Sigh. So much to polish :(


I'm not sure what the best solution is, but if it only happened when piety went down, it wouldn't be that constant. Alternatively, I guess it could just flash obnoxiously when it went down. I don't know. Just spitballing. I already know what makes the gods happy or sad. Mostly.
booooooze
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:36 am

Re: You Ain’t Nothin’ But A Pit Dog

Postby berpdreyfuss on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:21 am

I liked the little piety sparkles that flew towards you in the alpha. Maybe this could also be useful when piety goes down as well and piety flies away from you. In beginner videos you can see people not even noticing that piety went down.
berpdreyfuss
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:48 am

Re: You Ain’t Nothin’ But A Pit Dog

Postby dislekcia on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:39 am

That will be happening again - I'm actually busy sorting out some math issues with the trail particles at the moment.
User avatar
dislekcia
 
Posts: 1720
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Re: You Ain’t Nothin’ But A Pit Dog

Postby booooooze on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:11 pm

Ah, good solution. Been so long since I played the alpha I forgot.
booooooze
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:36 am

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests

cron