Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby flap on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Another bug, with the witch this time : I haven't completed the "complicated task, pt 2" yet, but I can arleady prepare the burn salve (it is supposed to be the reward...)

Edit : After playing again I reallised that it is not a bug actually, but me not understanding that it would unlock it in the dungeons.
Last edited by flap on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
flap

Postby TheSchachter on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:29 am

The Unity Plugin crashes every time I try to access the Demonic Library.
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby TheSchachter on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:34 am

And another, though I'm not 100% sure this isn't intentional: The items you carry out of Hobbler's Hold in your backpack cost 0 gold as preparations from the Backpack when starting a new run.
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Nandrew on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:12 am

Dreamdancer wrote:Don't know if it's a bug, but it seems strange:
Was with a half-dragon in western jungle (dungeon with the druid boss who spawns plants).
Since the half-dragon has an magical attack, it can't no destroy the mana-burn plants. Pushing a plant into a monster or another plant destroys the plant (due to knockback). But pushing a plant into a wall does nothing. Which is strange, since monsters can be killed by pushing them into a wall.

I've been trying to reproduce this problem without any success -- things seem to be working as intended.

When you say "wall", are you referring strictly to the trees in that scenario or are you labelling the water tiles as "walls" of some kind as well (since they are pretty much obstacles)?

Plants and creatures knocked towards non-crossable tiles don't suffer ANY knockback effects, only regular damage (which, in the Half-Dragon's case, would be nothing).
Nandrew

Postby flap on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:19 am

I have unlocked the "complicated task part 4" before the rock garden. When pressing "select" on the mission, I can however play in that rock garden. It would be more logical if that task could unlocked only when the rock garden is...
flap

Postby Dreamdancer on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:16 pm

Nandrew wrote:
Dreamdancer wrote:Don't know if it's a bug, but it seems strange:
Was with a half-dragon in western jungle (dungeon with the druid boss who spawns plants).
Since the half-dragon has an magical attack, it can't no destroy the mana-burn plants. Pushing a plant into a monster or another plant destroys the plant (due to knockback). But pushing a plant into a wall does nothing. Which is strange, since monsters can be killed by pushing them into a wall.

I've been trying to reproduce this problem without any success -- things seem to be working as intended.

When you say "wall", are you referring strictly to the trees in that scenario or are you labelling the water tiles as "walls" of some kind as well (since they are pretty much obstacles)?

Plants and creatures knocked towards non-crossable tiles don't suffer ANY knockback effects, only regular damage (which, in the Half-Dragon's case, would be nothing).[/quote]

I'm pretty sure, that i hit the plants into trees (=walls for this map). I will try to reproduce it at the weekend.

Nandrew wrote:Plants and creatures knocked towards non-crossable tiles don't suffer ANY knockback effects, only regular damage (which, in the Half-Dragon's case, would be nothing).

Yes, this i know. And if i remember correctly i didn't even try to knock a plant into the water (= non-crossable tile).
I will try to reproduce it at the weekend.
Dreamdancer

Postby booooooze on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:31 pm

I've had an odd bug that isn't super reproducible: sometimes if I use the keyboard to cast a spell, it locks up. It doesn't freeze; it just won't let me do anything. I can move the mouse around and the feet show the path, particle effects are still doing their thing, but it won't do anything, no matter how much I click or hit keyboard keys. However, if I switch to another window, then come back, everything that I did while I was trying to get it to do something will all trigger "at once" (though I'd imagine sequentially).
booooooze

Postby booooooze on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Did a PQI, stupidly messed up the requirements, finished anyway, tried to do "last run" to quickly run it back, but "Play!" was greyed out.

edit: I think this is because it was a monster class. It seems to want you to pick race and class, or something.
Last edited by booooooze on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
booooooze

Postby booooooze on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:22 pm

The subdungeon with Brandonnn where you are requested to donate piety in exchange for fixing their altar didn't deduct any of my piety after I agreed to give it to him.
booooooze

Postby flap on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:31 pm

I don't know if it is a bug, or if I am missing something : I am wearing all 4 Taurog's presents, have 52 piety left. But I can't request unstoppable furry.
If it helps, I descrated a mystera annur altar. I am human fighter, and am wearing a badge of honor.

EDIT : Maybe it is not a bug : I still had the original fighter death protection. Maybe I should have used it to be able to pray for the "unstoppable fury".
If it is the case, the boon wording is missleading : it states that we will get "a layer of death protection". So I thought that they death protection layers would stack (and thus that the system was brocken because the option was greyed out)
flap

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons