Touching

All things Desktop Dungeons

Touching

Postby GoatBot on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:24 am

Discussion - Touching
GoatBot

Re: Touching

Postby flap on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:06 am

Ah, mobile phone market ! DD has been in development since such a long time, I was wondering what market share would still remain on computer when the standalone would be released (would all potential user already have pre-ordered it ?).

So, for the good of DD, it is good to know that qcfdesign might still make a little bit more money out of it !
flap

Postby dislekcia on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:30 am

flap wrote:Ah, mobile phone market ! DD has been in development since such a long time, I was wondering what market share would still remain on computer when the standalone would be released (would all potential user already have pre-ordered it ?).

There's very little chance of us having gotten everyone who's going to play the game on PC to pre-order it. Our visibility/marketing is simply not that good ;)

For all intents and purposes, most indie games have an infinite market (Indies call this the Cheng Infinite User Theory) because there's always someone out there that you haven't reached yet. Because indie games typically aren't competing based on a fad element (like graphics tech or hardware adoption), the major reason people don't play a game is because they simply don't know about it yet. And a percentage of infinity (for more niche titles) is still pretty much infinity. At least from the perspective of sales growth, given that new people are being added to the pool of possible buyers all the time.

But yes, I'm seriously keen to get DD onto mobile. I want to play while I poop, dammit! (Also, loads of people email us asking when they'll get the game on their phones, I'd love to be able to shout "THURSDAY!" and then run off, giggling)
dislekcia

Postby flap on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:22 am

dislekcia wrote:I want to play while I poop, dammit!

Solved : I have a netbook.
flap

Return to Desktop Dungeons