wonafyt monster position

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: wonafyt monster position

Postby Dreamdancer on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:56 am

Bloggorus wrote:
Dreamdancer wrote:@Bloggorus: The new write-up is also nice and much more informative.

Added the information in which order the monsters (same-level -> lower-level) get summoned.
Added the tip that you can use WONAFYT for slowing a same-level monster you have recently attacked (interesting for characters with the Balanced Dagger).

Nice one, i didn't know about the order of summoning or that it is magic resistible. Are you sure about that? I don;t recall it ever happening to me.

The idea of any write up should be state the facts about what the glyph does before delving into strategy or gameplay tips, IMO

The easiest way to test the level-preference is to just summon a couple of level 1 monster, level-up and than start again to summon -> first the level 2 will come.
The trick with slowing a same level monster for the final blow i found a couple of days ago :) and i thought it would be a nice addition to the wiki.

About the preference with the magic-resist i didn't know. But i think it would first summon all same-level monster (even with magic-resist) and after this the lower-level ones. But i can make some tests tonight.
Dreamdancer

Postby Bloggorus on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:22 am

I edited the wiki again, I'm pretty sure the preference is same unslowed level monsters above everything, then lower level, then no resistance if possible.

you can use it very effectively by summoning monsters till you get no more new ones, then whacking the one you want to kill. it will always target that monster because it is the only one not already slowed.
Bloggorus

Postby Dreamdancer on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:24 pm

Bloggorus wrote:you can use it very effectively by summoning monsters till you get no more new ones, then whacking the one you want to kill. it will always target that monster because it is the only one not already slowed.

Yes, this was that, what i meant. Should also be helpful against Blink and Retilate Fireball
Dreamdancer

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons