Desktop Dungeons Written Review

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Desktop Dungeons Written Review

Postby Dreamdancer on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:52 pm

Lujo wrote:The vicious token really could've been a barrel full of weasels.

:?:
Dreamdancer

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:45 pm

When people were talking about how they wanted an expert mode (before the VT was added, in fact, this discussion might have led to the VT), Lujo brought up the term in that topic.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:21 pm

I remember you guys liking that image so much I remembered it as a great idea, too :D

Shame it was me who came up with it, I go no credit with the devs. Would be darned hilarious regardless of who came up with it (not that anyone who buys the game on steam would know who brought it up), plus, "vicious token" is sort of generic and functionalicky, being able to prep a barell full of weasels is something you remember and chuckle to yourself every time you do for a good long while :)
Last edited by Lujo on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

Postby Bloggorus on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:42 am

Calling something a barrel full of weasels is an old-fashioned way of saying something is difficult to handle.

People would probably get it if you put it in the final version.
Bloggorus

Postby Sidestepper on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:24 am

Lujo wrote:Are you guys implying that there's too much goat in the game?

Not at all. If anything, it needs more goat. Goats make everything better. Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PAT1UmlJ-0
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:11 am

Bloggorus wrote:Calling something a barrel full of weasels is an old-fashioned way of saying something is difficult to handle.

People would probably get it if you put it in the final version.

Exactly.

I've herd the phrase "more fun than a barrel full of weasels" (sometimes a "jumpsuit full of weasels") in cartoons. It was most often uttered by these grizzled, sort-of-badass, half crazy old codgers with a midwestern/hillbilly accent when someone complains about, suggests or points out something insanely dangerous. "Yee-haw, that's more fun than a barrel full of weasels!", followed by a celebratory gunshot into the air and proceeding to go offscreen and participate in whatever insane activity mere suggestion of which just brightened his day.

I can totally imagine a DD vet as one of those guys, showing up for a run with an actual barrel full of weasels under one arm (a keg?) and when given "you're seriously gonna do it, are you crazy?" looks in response, giving out a flat "What?", a beat panel, and launching off into a tale of how back in the day stuff had more health and damage, and stheno used to leave a zombie behind, and we had no fancy crystal ball back then, mind you... all the while stuffing the ever-escaping weasels back into the barrel while on a roll...

The vicious token is pretty much a dictionary definition picture for the phrase "a barrel full of weasels" if ever there was one :D Or as Avatar put it back then "I'd say (the idea) is more fun than a barrel full of weasels... but it IS a barrel full of weasels!" :lol:
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons