On The Drudgery Of Detective Work

All things Desktop Dungeons

On The Drudgery Of Detective Work

Postby GoatBot on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:09 pm

GoatBot

Re: On The Drudgery Of Detective Work

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:43 am

yeah. . .I couldn't be a programmer. I have considered writing for games as I have experience in dialogue writing and storyboarding, but this kind of thing is beyond me. The tedium of some of the things programmers do would drive me nuts.
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby dislekcia on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:34 am

JayPlaysIndieGames wrote:yeah. . .I couldn't be a programmer. I have considered writing for games as I have experience in dialogue writing and storyboarding, but this kind of thing is beyond me. The tedium of some of the things programmers do would drive me nuts.

Most of the time it's not tedious at all. In fact, I'd say that the emotional rollercoaster that coding can put you through is probably a big factor in why a lot of people enjoy programming: It might be frustrating as all hell trying to find what's causing a particular bug, but you're certainly not bored while it's happening. This sort of try-test-fail loop can eat at you, but it rocks when you finally solve it.

Kinda like DD itself, actually ;)
dislekcia

Postby Galefury on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:18 pm

Thank you. I hate memory leaks, and a lot of developers apparently don't put as much effort into fixing them as you do.
Galefury

Postby dislekcia on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:41 pm

Galefury wrote:Thank you. I hate memory leaks, and a lot of developers apparently don't put as much effort into fixing them as you do.

I think everyone tries to find the bloody things, it's just that games are horribly complex, so some are bound to slip through the cracks every once in a while.
dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons